Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM wrote this letter to the court...

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM
  • 56 Replies
Right before her show cause hearing for being held in contempt for not following the visitation order...

My personal thoughts will be in {these} since I'm mobile and can't change fonts.

"To whom it may concern,
I feel it would be very difficult for my som to adjust to what 'T' is asking for. {every other weekend} T isn't sincere about this, especially when he told me he really doesn't want to do this, his family is pressuring him. {he said he doesn't want to keep having to go to court. He told her, in an email that I read with my own eyes, that it hurts him to have to thru the system and he wishes BM would talk to him like a grown up and try to work something out between themselves and that he isn't trying to hurt her, but his family loves 'B' and wants to a part of his life too} B's serious health issues are a huge factor {he has asthma and is allergic to nuts *eyeroll*} I worry he wouldn't get the proper care, which would result in harm to my child. Personally, I feel T isn't responsible for B's needs, do to lack of parenting skills. {first of all, lack of parenting skills my ass. He's been parenting my two children for nearly 3 years now and has been an great father to them. And we just had a baby together and he is very hands on. Changes diapers, feeds her, picks out her outfits for the day, cuddles her, talks to her, ect. Secondly, she would know this personally if she wouldn't have alienated him from his own son right off the bat. She even admitted herself that she never let him do anything like the fore mentioned when B was born.} T made the decision not to be a part of B's life. {no, he made the decision to no longer be in a romantic relationship with BM. He has been fighting fir his rights to his son since the first time she said he couldn't see B anymore.} I am asking the court to deny parental rights at this time.

Thank you
J
{the selfish asshole}

DH cried when he read this. :(

Anyways, the mediator told him that she can write as many letters as she wants. But without proof that DH is harmful to SS, she will never get anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feliciasmith
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

jeniemarie
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM
wow, im sorry your family is having to go through this. having to get courts involved sucks. we hate it too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM
It does suck. I feel bad for DH because he is hurting so much. But I'm so sad for SS because he is being dragged into such a mess. I think he's too young to understand, but he has got to be so confused right now.

Quoting jeniemarie:

wow, im sorry your family is having to go through this. having to get courts involved sucks. we hate it too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Im sorry your all going trough this.. Getting the courts involved sucks specially when the kids are dragged in all this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:42 AM
we found that even at a young age, he started at 4, seeing a counslor really helped SS. its amazing how much they can pick up on and even understand, even though we tried not to talk in front of him. we finally caught a break after years of back and forth with BM and now have full custody.
As for your DH being there and supporting him can really help. the unfortante part is that since we are step-parents we cant make the choices and legal agreements for our guys but we can support them :-) i hope you guys can get things settled quickly. its can be a long hard road but knowing you are doing the best you can for your family and all the kids helps. good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManicAttack
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, as you said, the mediator told him not to worry about it.  So don't stress out.  It is true- parents can write letter, after letter, after letter- but the judge needs proof there's a good reason (IE neglect, abuse) for the parent to not see their child.

Hang in there.

Sunivondea
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:50 AM
I'm not really stressed. Her true colors have shown in court. But it just irks me that she can be so immature an downright mean. I know she thinks she's doing a great job of hurting DH but poor SS is the one who gets the short end of the stick.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Well, as you said, the mediator told him not to worry about it.  So don't stress out.  It is true- parents can write letter, after letter, after letter- but the judge needs proof there's a good reason (IE neglect, abuse) for the parent to not see their child.

Hang in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
I think counseling is a wonderful idea. But I doubt BM would agree. I honestly think she knows that she's confusing him, but it's in her best interest so she doesn't really care.

Quoting jeniemarie:

we found that even at a young age, he started at 4, seeing a counslor really helped SS. its amazing how much they can pick up on and even understand, even though we tried not to talk in front of him. we finally caught a break after years of back and forth with BM and now have full custody.

As for your DH being there and supporting him can really help. the unfortante part is that since we are step-parents we cant make the choices and legal agreements for our guys but we can support them :-) i hope you guys can get things settled quickly. its can be a long hard road but knowing you are doing the best you can for your family and all the kids helps. good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:19 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
I am sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN