Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Wow! what now? *warning-do not open in front of children*

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 104 Replies

So I spoke with my SD 12 again today, she likes to call almost everyday when they are with BM in the summer. SD12 has very high functioning autism. Yesterday she had told me that BM had finally explained to them that she is bipolar and that she is not feeling well right now (See my post from yesterday). SD is very straightforward and is like a tape recorder who can repeat verbatim what people say. So today she asks me "do you know what a tea bag is?", I say "yes of course, it's for making tea". She goes on to say "No, not that kind of teabag, it's different" So, I ask "what do you mean?. SD explains to me that she had seen her 17 yr old step brother putting his crotch (clothed) in her 7 yr old step brothers face and said something about a tea bag. That is all she would say so I do not know what else was said. I asked her if she had told her mom about it and she just changed the subject. So I quickly let dh know what she had told me and he takes the phone and asks SD to give the phone to BM. SD tells us that BM does not want to talk to us. DH says goodbye to SD and then tries to call BM back several times but she will not pick up. She does this when she is going through a depression, she will refuse to answer her phone. So what now? DH and I are at loss about what to do. There is no way we can just let it go. The thing I worry about most is that my 8 yr old SS sleeps in the same room with his two step brothers. God forbid anything inappropriate has happened to SS. Any suggestions on what to do next?

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

bump!!

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

No suggestions? I guess there probably is not much we can do until we get in touch with BM. They are over 600 miles away so it's not like we can just drive over. 

nmaxwell816
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I would continue to call back and maybe try to leave a message if you can

rwblake2011
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Is there someone you know who lives by BM who can go by and check it out make her call you? Or are you close enough to go yourselves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM

No, she lives on a military base in another state, we don't know anyone else in that area. 

Quoting rwblake2011:

Is there someone you know who lives by BM who can go by and check it out make her call you? Or are you close enough to go yourselves?

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM

We texted her but no response. 

Quoting nmaxwell816:

I would continue to call back and maybe try to leave a message if you can

boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Unfortunately, there's nothing to do until ya can talk to BM or at least the 17 yr old. I understand your concern and I'd be concerned too. It would be a good idea to talk to the 8 yr old too. If BM is too wrapped up in her own emotional issues to discuss it then she's probably not dealing with the situation very well. Hope you or DH gets ahold of someone tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe send cops for well being check, seeing as kids may be unsupervised?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It's something stupid highschool and middleschoolers are doing from what I understand. They think it's funny to stick your junk on someone else's head. Someone should tell that older brother that it's assault (for one) and he could be listed as a child predator (for two) for doing it to a child.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

If that was me and my kids and I was concerned that something was going on and BM wasn't answering the phone.... You'd better bet your right arm that I'd be driving up there (taking time off of work or whatever it took) to make sure that all was well. If I had ANY suspicions of something going on, I'd take my kids and go straight back to court. I would ask questions later. Call your lawyer and tell them what is going on (at least the little that you know) and I'm sure they will give you good advice on what can be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN