Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Father's Day

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

What are the fathers in your lives getting?

Dh, I dont know yet.. I know, bad wife.

My daddy though, we found some of my grandpaw's things in a building that I believe my dad has forgotten about. (Tools, old signs, "American Picker" like stuff. lol) So I've cleaned those up and we are going to put them all together and give them to him. I believe he will be surprised!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilangilyn
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I think I will just wait and see. I asked DH what he wanted and he said nothing, that he had everything he wanted.

Tryshx
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I'm not getting my dad anything.  I have a godfather's card for my uncle.  DH is getting a card from me with pictures of SS and SS made DH a card and we put his hand and foot prints on a t shirt and wrote Father's Day 2012 on it.  And SS picked out a little monkey suncatcher to paint for DH but we haven't got around to painting it yet.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Mine got a new gas grill last week :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

No clue what to get DH.  He wants a Mason watch, so it will probably be that.  

For my Dad - my 2 sisters and brother are getting together and buying him a greenhouse.  He's obsessed with his garden now that he is retired.  It's the perfect gift and I'm excited to see his face when he gets it.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I will take SSs shopping Sunday morning. I won't get DH anything from me-he is not my father.

DDs will spend the day with BF. What they do is up to them.

I will call my dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Dh never wants anything either.

Quoting lilangilyn:

I think I will just wait and see. I asked DH what he wanted and he said nothing, that he had everything he wanted.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

My dad/DH/bil and baby  brother (25) will be getting a BBQ :)

my dad's birthday falls on fathers day weekend so he'll get whatever the kids craft for him :)

I don't celebrate Father's Day with DH(since we have no chidren in common) anything DD makes in school for Father's Day-we share or it's mainly mine.

BM buys some tool-slaps a bow on it and says its from the kids :)

rose0919
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM

my dad has been gone 20 years , so it will be a trip to his grave with flowers.

for dh  i ud have no clue. he has everything he needs cause he has me lol. but he does have every tool he could possibly want, he cant wear jewlery at work the only thing he needs is an outside shed. but he cant have that till the  tree is cut down. so possibly a picture of a chainsaw and tree, =shed .

as for the kids dd will make him breakfast. and unfortunatly bm will not let ss see his father that day. she is saying ss wants to spend the day with her s/o(this is the man that tells ss your not part of my family go away i dont like you) even though we let her have ss on motheres day  when it was dhs weekend

WinterBride
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I took my Dad out for oysters in town. He loves them and my Mom hates them, so it was something special we could do together.

My husband is getting a bunch of items we need for our annual camping trip. Not very exciting, I know, but he likes it. :-)

angelmommy2806
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM
The skids gave Dh a shirt they made early since they're with Bm.

While I was visiting family my brother, sister, and I all made dad a shirt on the front is his kids handprints, and the back has the grandkids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN