Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD has been coming over sick for the last month and a half, every other weekend in that time period. Because of SS being in pre school we were doind an every other weekend schedule. 2 weeks ago, they came on a fri, SD coughing, sneezing etc, will never cover her nose or  mouth. When your eating, she always leans forward over every one elses plates??? IDK why, anyway that sunday I woke up with sore throat and it went from there, coughing sneezing ... Thankfully DD didnt catch it. OK by that weekend ( that we didnt have them) I was feeling alittle better. Back track,, AS SOON AS I GOT THEM IN THE CAR that prior weekend and i seen SD was runny nose and she started coughing, I called BM who always immediatly leaves as soon as she gets them out her car. I asked her why she didnt take SD to DR because she was sick the previous week also. SHe said " oh they wont do nothing till its bad enough to need a nebulizer"  WTF, ok .. back to story, I started feeling beeter the falling weekend ( they didnt come over) Then this last fri I picked them up, First thing i asked, "DID SD GO TO DR?" She said no she s better, I got kids in car got about 1 mile down the road, low and behold SD started coughing up a storm, i turn around she got all kinds of stuff coming out her nose. So I ask 5 yr old SS. Has your sister been sick this whole time ? He says yes mama didnt  take her to the dr.  OMFG.. I get home, this is this past fri... I try to call MY PED ( now DH has health ins on BOTH kids and BM HAS INSURANCE CARD!!!!) My Ped cant get her in over the weekend. I gave her cough med, put vicks on, put humidifier (cool) in the girls room. NOw I may add SD sleeps in my DDs room when she's here. Ok SO Sunday comes I take them to their BM. I said " Look you NEED to take SD to DR BEFORE she comes back to my house" Her response I"LL TRY. F^&$#%% B%$%@ ugh... Anyway yesterday I start with a runny nose AGAIN, sneezing... EXCEPT this time my 18 month old DD didnt escape it, her nose is running and she has a fever. UGH All weekend I spent spraying everything with lysol whild SD was here. Telling her and this is no lie every 5 MINS COVER YOUR MOUTH, when she was playng with DD she'd be coughing in her face. etc. IDK what the heck to do anymore. Half tempted to call SCP for medical neglect but how do I prove it. BM too busy with her new BF to care about bathing , cleaning, hygiene or medical care of these kids!!!!

hugs Mommy to 4 here and 2 in heaven

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Replies (41-43):
Jodilegan
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

So, because BM has decided that if a doctor can't do anything she'd rather not take her, she's selfish...  

Also, BM doesn't have to talk to YOU about her kids health at all.  If Dad was worried about this, he's had time to do something about it.  

BM and DH do not talk AT ALL I am the go between. And I am also SOLE caregiver to the children on weekends. DH is never here. SO if she's going to drop her children off and let ME and ME alone care for them all weekend/or week she BETTER fill me in on their health esp when its contagious and I have other childrenin my home!!!

DDDaysh
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

This says a hell of alot more about the kind of father your DH is than the kind of mother BM is.  

Quoting Jodilegan:

Quoting DDDaysh:

So, because BM has decided that if a doctor can't do anything she'd rather not take her, she's selfish...  

Also, BM doesn't have to talk to YOU about her kids health at all.  If Dad was worried about this, he's had time to do something about it.  

BM and DH do not talk AT ALL I am the go between. And I am also SOLE caregiver to the children on weekends. DH is never here. SO if she's going to drop her children off and let ME and ME alone care for them all weekend/or week she BETTER fill me in on their health esp when its contagious and I have other childrenin my home!!!

Jodilegan
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Quoting DDDaysh:

This says a hell of alot more about the kind of father your DH is than the kind of mother BM is.  

Quoting Jodilegan:

Quoting DDDaysh:

Yes Mame, I totally agree!!!! The reason they come over is not to visit DH, its SHOWTIME so BM and family can't accuse him of not getting his kids. BUT they don't know he only see s them an hour a day tops before he goes to work.  And if he IS here on a day off and they are here he STILL dont spend time with them. From my point of view they BOTH need to re evaluate there parenting, because these children are pretty neglected from there bio parents. Its rough and hard for me to watch, but I as a SM can only do or say so much. When I do take Skids to Dr I PAY OUT OF MY POCKET. there bio parents dont give me the money. I PAY for meds. And  do have 4 of my own bio kids to care for DH and I do NOT share finances, just to let you know. I have no access to his money. 2 of my kids attend school in WI so I make sure they have all the $ they need , and my 11 yr oldis here with me, and DH & I have an 18 month old together. I wish some of you women could see first hand how this runs in my house. It would blow your mind.  Now my DD is sick from her sisters last visit. Fever, runny nose coughing sneezing. For my own piece of mind she'll be going to DR Monday or Tues. But I'm not rich, I have a 40 co pay, i truely dont have the extra money to take SD... Even tho I make less then DH does I STILL pay HALF the house bills, plus send my girls money, plus make sure my DD and DS are cared for. I feel in such a bind , I'm pretty confused .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured