Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Thinking of sending a text to.......*e-mail added in red* - *new info*

Posted by   + Show Post

My ex.

Background: he has been MIA for about 2 years now and quit regular visitation years before that. But at least his nominal amount of CS came regulary (no doubt) because the state does it. And when I mean nominal, I mean was set when she was 2 years old and she is now 17.

CS has stopped for 2 and half months now. No phone call as to why, no nothing.

I WANT to send a text that sounds like this:

"Hey, what's up with the CS? You need to catch it up and get regular again and quick. If I have to go to court over this, I will file for a modification for it to be raised and at least make it worth my inconvenience. Also, going to court will probably raise a red flag somewhere about you not providing her with health insurance that you are court ordered to do and someone will figure out that the state picked her up. They will probably right that wrong and you will not only owe that but will be forced this time to show proof of insurance. Get it together."

If you were in this guys life and read that text, what would you think?

What is going on? Why has it stopped?
Get it fixed and fast.
If I have to take you to court over this, I do not see it working out well for you. Our court order is pretty specific about some things. You are to provide her with insurance. You do not and the state has had to pick her up. They will make you pay this back and force you to hold a policy on her.
You are to pay 50% of all medical costs not covered by insurance. I have plenty of recent ones that will make your toes curl. They will make you reimburse me.
Not to mention, I am the one who petitioned the court to have your child support amount lowered and since she was 3, never asked for an increase. I am due one every 3 years.
These are the items I will bring up and more if I have to take you to court or if I have to wait another week without support for her.
I want you to start paying 120 a week. We discussed this some time ago and you did for a while and then just quit. I hope you didnt get the idea that she was starting to cost less money. You do this and catch things up, I will stay out of your hair.
The costs of raising a teen are astonomical. Do your part. Your doing nothing else so it is the least you could do.
Oh, and the visitation order is now null and void. A father who gives up regular visitation for this many years will never force a near 17 year old to be picked up by you every other weekend. Remember, YOU quit taking regular visitation 5 years ago. She was 11. Hope you are not wondering why you have no relationship with this girl. She doesnt even know you anymore and you damn sure dont know a thing about her. Shame really.

I finally got a chance this morning to read my DH this email that I DID send. (not sure he reads emails though).

DH said, "I'm calling him today" I said, "go for it".

Background. DH has been in DD (17) life since she was in diapers. Although I am acting administrator for his business, I am currently at home.(I am the one who created this business for him) The only way I make money, is through the LLC of our business. Meaning, I pay myself through his pay on paper for tax purposes.  Which basically means, DH makes all the money, I dispurse it through the home which also means, DH is funding my part of raising her.  Kinda. Let's just say, my employer is my husband and I am acting president of company.

He feels that this is the least ex could do for his daughter also. He left her life physically. But he needs to do his share in the financial dept. He feels that since he is the one now funding my ex's portion of raising her, he will be the one to call him and find out what's up.

Bash away. lol

Stay tuned for an update. I'm sure DH will call after his convo with him.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Replies (51-56):
jessiesluv
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM

You would think the idiot would realize he's this close, why screw it up now?

But then again, maybe he thinks he's this close and can get away with it.

Quoting baparrot2:

And that is what is sticking in my mind. COURT SUCKS! I'm too old for this BS. But if I have to and this doesnt work I'm hiring my old shark attorney and will make it worth my while. I'm actaully doing him a favor with the heads up.

Quoting jessiesluv:

Very wise, pep.

You could have just not said anything and went straight to court. But court sucks. lol

Quoting pepper504:

Personally, he KNOWS what he has done.  You *trying* to guilt him into doing the right thing is not the way to go about it.  If I were you, I'd go straight to court and file the contempt charges on him and go from there.  You waiting as long as you have in his mind thinks that everything is ok when it, indeed, is not. KWIM?

officiallyapeac
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I wouldn't waste the text message on him. There is a lot of ways to locate the absent parent. May want to keep in mind that your daughter is old enough to deceide who she wants to live with. You should contact Cs directly. It is ashame that it has to come to that.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting officiallyapeac:

I wouldn't waste the text message on him. There is a lot of ways to locate the absent parent. May want to keep in mind that your daughter is old enough to deceide who she wants to live with. You should contact Cs directly. It is ashame that it has to come to that.

I know where he lives. And no, she doesnt get to decide right now. He would have to take me to court....find me unfit and make a good case as to why he should have her. A judge will just laugh at him. I am full custodial and residential. What *I* say goes.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Believe me, I hate court as much as you do and I do the shit for a living.  It does suck but sometimes you need to put aside that and just take the bull by the horns.  If my DH was doing as your say your ex is doing, I'd been gone a long time ago.  G.O.N.E. 

Quoting jessiesluv:

You would think the idiot would realize he's this close, why screw it up now?

But then again, maybe he thinks he's this close and can get away with it.

Quoting baparrot2:

And that is what is sticking in my mind. COURT SUCKS! I'm too old for this BS. But if I have to and this doesnt work I'm hiring my old shark attorney and will make it worth my while. I'm actaully doing him a favor with the heads up.

Quoting jessiesluv:

Very wise, pep.

You could have just not said anything and went straight to court. But court sucks. lol

Quoting pepper504:

Personally, he KNOWS what he has done.  You *trying* to guilt him into doing the right thing is not the way to go about it.  If I were you, I'd go straight to court and file the contempt charges on him and go from there.  You waiting as long as you have in his mind thinks that everything is ok when it, indeed, is not. KWIM?

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

update

Dana333810
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM
PARROT YOU STINKING HYPOCRITICAL BUTT WIPE!!!!!

jk. Lol

The only time dh has contacted bf was when he told me he was gonna slit my throat when i picked odd up from him.

Desperate calls call for desperate measures I guess.

Quoting baparrot2:

My ex.

Background: he has been MIA for about 2 years now and quit regular visitation years before that. But at least his nominal amount of CS came regulary (no doubt) because the state does it. And when I mean nominal, I mean was set when she was 2 years old and she is now 17.

CS has stopped for 2 and half months now. No phone call as to why, no nothing.

I WANT to send a text that sounds like this:

"Hey, what's up with the CS? You need to catch it up and get regular again and quick. If I have to go to court over this, I will file for a modification for it to be raised and at least make it worth my inconvenience. Also, going to court will probably raise a red flag somewhere about you not providing her with health insurance that you are court ordered to do and someone will figure out that the state picked her up. They will probably right that wrong and you will not only owe that but will be forced this time to show proof of insurance. Get it together."

If you were in this guys life and read that text, what would you think?

What is going on? Why has it stopped?

Get it fixed and fast.

If I have to take you to court over this, I do not see it working out well for you. Our court order is pretty specific about some things. You are to provide her with insurance. You do not and the state has had to pick her up. They will make you pay this back and force you to hold a policy on her.

You are to pay 50% of all medical costs not covered by insurance. I have plenty of recent ones that will make your toes curl. They will make you reimburse me.

Not to mention, I am the one who petitioned the court to have your child support amount lowered and since she was 3, never asked for an increase. I am due one every 3 years.

These are the items I will bring up and more if I have to take you to court or if I have to wait another week without support for her.

I want you to start paying 120 a week. We discussed this some time ago and you did for a while and then just quit. I hope you didnt get the idea that she was starting to cost less money. You do this and catch things up, I will stay out of your hair.

The costs of raising a teen are astonomical. Do your part. Your doing nothing else so it is the least you could do.

Oh, and the visitation order is now null and void. A father who gives up regular visitation for this many years will never force a near 17 year old to be picked up by you every other weekend. Remember, YOU quit taking regular visitation 5 years ago. She was 11. Hope you are not wondering why you have no relationship with this girl. She doesnt even know you anymore and you damn sure dont know a thing about her. Shame really.

I finally got a chance this morning to read my DH this email that I DID send. (not sure he reads emails though).

DH said, "I'm calling him today" I said, "go for it".

Background. DH has been in DD (17) life since she was in diapers. Although I am acting administrator for his business, I am currently at home.(I am the one who created this business for him) The only way I make money, is through the LLC of our business. Meaning, I pay myself through his pay on paper for tax purposes.  Which basically means, DH makes all the money, I dispurse it through the home which also means, DH is funding my part of raising her.  Kinda. Let's just say, my employer is my husband and I am acting president of company.

He feels that this is the least ex could do for his daughter also. He left her life physically. But he needs to do his share in the financial dept. He feels that since he is the one now funding my ex's portion of raising her, he will be the one to call him and find out what's up.

Bash away. lol

Stay tuned for an update. I'm sure DH will call after his convo with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)