Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Need a little guidance? I'm a seventeen year old step mom!

Just what the title says. I'd like some guidance and advice on what to do, preferably from women who were young stepmothers, I'm completely lost. I put up a post earlier but got no replies so if you want the details, they're in there. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you(:

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (161-170):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting baparrot2:

Some girls watch that show and are like, "OH HELL NO!" and then some other girls are like, "O.M.G....! Like, her baby is like.....sooooo cute!"

I think it depends on the constitution of the girl.

Oh my god kill  me now. My SD13 is in the second category.

how am I going to survive the next 5 years. 

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting baparrot2:

Some girls watch that show and are like, "OH HELL NO!" and then some other girls are like, "O.M.G....! Like, her baby is like.....sooooo cute!"

Oh my god kill  me now. My SD13 is in the second category.

how am I going to survive the next 5 years. 

I am one of the lucky ones, DD13 is in the 1st category.  She watches that shit and is all "No friggin WAY MAN!!"  or "If I had a baby I would never go out AGAIN would I?"  I said "nope, mama ain't your babysitter to go screw off and get pregnant again.  You get knocked up and I babysit for you to go to school and work ONLY."  Or sometimes it's "I still get birth control when I turn 15, right?  Just in CASE.  I really think babies are special, but the special ones are the ones I can hold and give back."

I had a really close friend have her baby about 3 weeks ago.  DD was holding her and she was making cow eyes over the baby and awwwing over the pretty cuteness.  She looked at me and said " I can so do this..........in 15 years."

I don't know what I would say if she was the 2nd one.  I would be really worried.

MDStepMomma2
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

DON'T.

I am not saying run away blah blah..I am saying that you are SEVENTEEN years old. There is SO much life out there to  be lived that at 17 you can't imagine. Did you graduate from high school yet? If not..finish high school, go to college, get a career of your own. Being a positive role model for girls is more than just providing a loving home etc. It is about showing that being a strong woman who can support herself. She has a  mom and you need to remember that. The mom might be a littly nutty according to BF but none of you have matured yet. Your brain is still grownig.

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM
And some girls do both. Driving home (doing too much driving these days) last night with DD15, she tells me about a friend of hers first sexual experience. It was not a good one. I asked her how she handled it, what she said. She said she made sure her friend practiced Safe sex and then she forced her to watch an episode of 16 and Pregnant to freak her out.

So DD thinks the babies are cute and gets sucked into the stories, but she gets how terrible it would be to actually live the life.

Quoting baparrot2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dana333810
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I got rid of cable television PERIOD. We have netflix, and supervise whats on. Crap on tv is lunacy these days!

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting newwife1:

I blame MTV and all this teen pregnancy shit that they shove down teenagers throats today.

I banned MTV in my home long ago.  So what did the media do?  Went and put those bad examples onto magazine covers that stare out at me from the check out lines... you just can't get away from crap like that anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Go buy a prom dress or something.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting pepper504:

My ex and I would too.  WTF!?!?!

Do kids NOT watch 16 & Pregnant or Teen Mom?  That alone would deter me from 1) having unprotected sex; and, 2) date a person with a baby at such a young age.  Like you said, I was worried about graduating, danceteam, football games, LIVING life.  I had some friends who got knocked up in high school and felt bad for them, but to willingly put yourself in that situation when you do not have to be...REALLY?!?!?!

They DO watch those stupid shows.  Problem is that the tabloids glorify the "stars" of the shows...and have you read how much $$$$ the girls make?  MTV should be ashamed of themselves.

Nope, do tell!!!

I read that Amber Portwood made $280K a year...my fiance' doesn't even make that much!  sheesh!

So lets award the girl who has anger issues and beats on her baby daddy, then loses rights to her child for a minute and is now having to go to rehab for said anger issues and to get her bipolar meds under control with $280K?  That IS sickening.  Fucking sickening!!!

The sickest part is, I'll bet she's spent pretty much everything she's earned over the past couple years.

No doubt, although if you look at how she lives and what she drives, you'd think she were barely making it.

In a few of the tabs I've seen her in, she's always in some expensive track suit, getting her nails done, carrying her French designer bag...that's where it all went...everything she's spent money on probably all inconsequential.  Bristol Palin may be an idiot, but at least she still has custody of HER kid and isn't going to jail for 5 years.

I always wondered how those girls could 'live' on their own without jobs and going to college (that is IF they finished high school). You know?  I'm not stupid, but I never thought that one could make THAT much money for being a fucking trainwreck unfit loser on a tv show. 

This shit needs to stop...teen pregnancy is already rampant in the US, we don't need any more glorification on the subject and making little girls think it's "neat" to be that young and that stupid.

laughnchica
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I read her post in Young Moms group....half of them are saying what you ladies already told her. That she needs to get the hell out and that child will never be hers...maybe she will actually listen? Not that I listened when I was 17 but...

KellyReedy
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Well, at 21, I had a BF who had a daughter.  I thouggt it was neat.  It got UGLY after awhile.  U G L Y !  The here, take your daughter for a weekend, then the accusations that followed.  Really???  (He was a great guy that married a coocoo.)  Then... here take her and not be there when we arived to show up.  Or the birthday party we drove to hours to get to...only to find she moved....with no forwarding address! NOPE...THE NEATNESS WEARS OFF!

needsupport100
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting laughnchica:

I read her post in Young Moms group....half of them are saying what you ladies already told her. That she needs to get the hell out and that child will never be hers...maybe she will actually listen? Not that I listened when I was 17 but...

She'll wind up pregnant sitting in the welfare line at 18 before it'll click

apparently TWO groups full of experienced mom's have NO IDEA what they are talking about sarcasm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)