Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
BM got arrested for shop lifting, with 14 year old step DD with her. She lives off of the child support, so I wonder how she is going to pay all those fines. Thank god SD is coming to live with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Replies (81-90):
Pero1
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Really? You think I'm enjoying SD being hurt? No. See, I am a multi denentional person. I can have several emotions about one thing. Just because I'm laughing at BM doesnt mean I'm laughing at SD. You like to read into what you want to and make asinine assumptions.

The fact that your SD's BM screwed up big time will probably result in your SD's relationship with her mother suffering quite significantly. Unless this is what you wanted ... do you still find it funny and enjoyable?

CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Their relationship is already suffering. Her mother has always been this way, and will never change. And how can I want that? That's just sick for you to think I wouldnt want SD to like or love her mother. I think your ability to see things from any viewpoint but your own is severely damaged.

Quoting Pero1:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Really? You think I'm enjoying SD being hurt? No. See, I am a multi denentional person. I can have several emotions about one thing. Just because I'm laughing at BM doesnt mean I'm laughing at SD. You like to read into what you want to and make asinine assumptions.

The fact that your SD's BM screwed up big time will probably result in your SD's relationship with her mother suffering quite significantly. Unless this is what you wanted ... do you still find it funny and enjoyable?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Apparently.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Apparently Mom and child are the Borg, if you laugh at Mom, you are laughing at the child.

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Well my sense of humor is pretty dry. This woman told me she would kill my husband and father of my daughter if he tried to take SD. I really don't give two fucks about her. Unfortunately everything she does affects SD, and I can't help that. I think SD would be better off just writing her mother off, but that's just my opinion a d my husband doesn't even know that. Granted I had a shitty mom growing up.

Quoting Pero1:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

LOL. You are serious aren't you? Are you this uptight IRL?

Actually, when it comes to children I am indeed this uptight! And I tell you why ...

I hate the fact that many people (and I'm not pointing my finger at you or anybody else on this or any other forum ... or in real life, as a matter of fact) differentiate between the NCP and CP and actually "celebrate" their CP status or the change of custody like a badge of honour. Doesn't mean that I believe that each and every parent has the skills to look after a child, to be a good role model, etc. etc. etc. (whatever your definition of parenting), nor does it mean that some people simply shouldn't be in charge of their own kids.

What it means is that - no matter how shitty a parent is - the kid loses out big time! The kid loses out because it doesn't benefit from the ideal case scenario (an intact family) or - second best, but still desirable - a set-up where two separated parents work together raising the child, ideally as equals.

So I'm having a problem with the use of words like "lol" or "enjoy" in connection with the fact that a kid who has already lost out on the ideal scenario will now lose out on second best as well ...   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pero1
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Their relationship is already suffering. Her mother has always been this way, and will never change. And how can I want that? That's just sick for you to think I wouldnt want SD to like or love her mother. I think your ability to see things from any viewpoint but your own is severely damaged.

In this respect, I certainly prefer the child-centric viewpoint!

My ex just went bankrupt, lost everything! And you know what, he certainly deserves it (trying to steal money from me during our separation, living way beyond his means, etc. etc.).

He is also (once again) very close to divorcing from SM (can't keep his pecker where it belongs) ...

Yet both events (entirely his own wrong-doing) will eventually cause a lot of hurt for DD ... therefore, I simply fail to see any source of enjoyment or amusement in them. 

Which part of this viewpoint do you consider severely damaged?

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Most of you laugh at stupid stuff the BF, BM, or even SM does. It's human nature. God forbid anyone admit it. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Gee what a concept. You think I was asking people to understand rocket science. I'm glad someone gets it.
Science I understand.  Maybe not rocket science, but biology and chemistry and even a bit of physics.  But what you want me to understand, your attitude about this?  I don't. 
CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Ok.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Gee what a concept. You think I was asking people to understand rocket science. I'm glad someone gets it.
Science I understand.  Maybe not rocket science, but biology and chemistry and even a bit of physics.  But what you want me to understand, your attitude about this?  I don't. 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quoting chasinrainbows:

Most of you laugh at stupid stuff the BF, BM, or even SM does. It's human nature. God forbid anyone admit it. LOL

I really don't get any enjoyment out of laughing at people.  I don't care if people don't believe that there are actually people out there who don't laugh at others or who don't see the point in it...

The worst name I have ever called my ex was jack ass and that was to his face.  Not behind his back.  Because if I can't say something to your face I will not do it behind your back.  I don't think the women on this board who badmouth mom here would actually say most, if any of it, to her face... I think a lot of people get enjoyment out of laughing at others and calling names... but I think that says more about the person who is doing that behavior than they person they are laughing at or trying to insult.

CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:15 PM
No, I don't say most of these things to her face because I don't want SD to face the consequences of her mom and I going at it. I thought cafemom was a place to vent of what ever you want? It takes all kinds to make the world go round, not just your type :)

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting chasinrainbows:

I really don't get any enjoyment out of laughing at people.  I don't care if people don't believe that there are actually people out there who don't laugh at others or who don't see the point in it...

The worst name I have ever called my ex was jack ass and that was to his face.  Not behind his back.  Because if I can't say something to your face I will not do it behind your back.  I don't think the women on this board who badmouth mom here would actually say most, if any of it, to her face... I think a lot of people get enjoyment out of laughing at others and calling names... but I think that says more about the person who is doing that behavior than they person they are laughing at or trying to insult.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN