Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SD's are only here for 3 weeks and Bm won't leave them alone!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
She calls and/or texts them multiple times daily. They each have their own cell phones. She keeps making ysd fix her email account remotely after messing it up regularly.

Sd is getting tired of it and being short tempered with her and very exasperated. Does anybody else have problems with this? Why can't Bm just let us have our visit in peace? They feel obligated to answer but then tell us how annoying she is being. The calls always come at the most inopportune times too, like when they are swimming or driving and she gets annoyed if they don't respond right away.

Dh said he wants to tell Bm how annoying it is but I suggested he not rock the boat. Sd's are 16 and 17 and can tell her themselves if they want to, I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Then they need to tell BM if its bothering them that much. They're old enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:34 AM

If they have a problem with it they need to tell their mom. I can see your Dh wanting to stand up for his girls but they're old enough and he'd just cause trouble most likely.

bakergirl37
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:12 AM

We have this issue. We just got back from vacation for a whole two days. She text them sevearl times a day over and over telling them how much she loves and misses them. No offense to BM but they are teens and could careless. 

Actually they do care. They get annoyed. Our SD often comments that when she turns 18 and moves out she is considering not giving her mom her phone number. She's joking mostly. :)

We don't say anything as the more and more BM has tried to cling to her kids the less and less interested they are in her. I once asked SD if she didn't hear from her dad for two days would she think he didn't love her anymore? She said no don't be ridic. The kids wont really say anything because BM lays on the guilt pretty good and they said it's just easier to text back love you too than it is to get into it with her. And as someone who has gotten into it with BM I can see their point. 

Pero1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM

At 16 and 17? Stay out of it! They need to learn to say "no" to their mother!

What I would suggest if it was my DD? Call your BF first thing in the morning, say "hi", talk about your plans for the day, and tell him you won't be taking the phone. Take control of the phone calls!

ArmyWife0606
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:09 AM

we have the same issue. My sd is 11, so it's a little different, but BM will text SD til 1am (Dh literally checked on her in bed and she was up texting her mom), but BM gets mad if DH calls/texts his daughter at her house after 9pm.  If DH was texting/calling his daughter the amount that BM was, she would have a FIT!  Anyway....since your SDs are 16 and 17, I say leave it up to them to tell her to leave them alone.  But I do understand how annoying it is!

army       teen girl          toddler boy           baby in sling

Army Wife, step-mom to 11y/o girl, and momma to 3y/o & 9mo boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)