Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What will today bring? update

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 25 Replies

Dh is at the court house trying to file something to get the skids back Asap. A short recap of last night, Bm took off with the skids last night we're assuming after a fight with her Bf. She's not allowed to take them out of state without a written request to the court and Dh has to agree.

She did give Dh an address last night and when we looked it up it said it didn't exist. We're trying everything we can in our state first even though the CO is through another state. Basically we're waiting on our lawyers office to open in the other state, but trying to try every option until then.

The lawyer in AR said that she's entitled to a "vacation". He is going to write Bm's attorney telling him that the way his client has handled the situation is completely wrong and Dh should have been giving a correct address where his children will be. Dh is freaking because Bm has ties to  people in Mexico and from what the attorney says there's not a damn thing we can do until she does that, or doesn't bring them back on July 20th. So now we get to sit here twiddling our thumbs waiting to see if the skids disappear or if she does bring them back in a Month. Just makes me wonder if Dh had actually kept the kids from visitation like he planned and been in contempt, if he would be in jail by now.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dana333810
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Good luck to you all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Dana333810:

Good luck to you all!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Hope all is resolved quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM

oh christ-good luck momma I hope everything gets resolved!!!

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM
bump

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

This is so sad...why do people do stupid things like this?!

Best of luck, I'll be thinking of you today!

rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Good luck! Praying for a good outcome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I have No idea, if you figure it out let me know? Our state doesn't want to do a damn thing and the lawyer isn't in the office yet. Of course they're an hour behind us!

Ugh I'm starting to get the feeling that she's going to get away with this.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM

How do you know she went out of state?  Was the (I'm assuming) fake address she gave you from a different state other than the one you reside in?  Just wondering, she could be bullshitting you if she's trying to hide out from her BF and you all.

I'm not an attorney, but if it's CO'ed that she can't take the kids out of state, that's called kidnapping in my book and a pretty serious offense.

Quoting angelmommy2806:

I have No idea, if you figure it out let me know? Our state doesn't want to do a damn thing and the lawyer isn't in the office yet. Of course they're an hour behind us!

Quoting sandeeyo:

angelmommy2806
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Bm lives in MI, we're in PA, and the CO is from AR (where we're from). We were in the process of getting it moved to PA since this is where we live but were having some territorial issues with AR. The address she gave Dh is an AR address, but SS10 said they were also talking about going to CA. Of course Bm was sitting in the car with him so who knows where they could Actually be.

The moron cop I talked to last night here said since she's the parent it's not kidnapping. The MI state cop said it would be considering kidnapping, but they didn't want to touch it.

Quoting sandeeyo:

How do you know she went out of state?  Was the (I'm assuming) fake address she gave you from a different state other than the one you reside in?  Just wondering, she could be bullshitting you if she's trying to hide out from her BF and you all.

I'm not an attorney, but if it's CO'ed that she can't take the kids out of state, that's called kidnapping in my book and a pretty serious offense.

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)