Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for both Bio Moms and Step moms

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, so while reading posts on here today I have noticed that there are a lot of SM's that deal, put up with, don't like, or just plain can't stand BM's.  Myself is included in all of the above. 

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

Does anyone on here have a good or even fairly decent relationship with a BM or your kids SM??  Like you talk about the kids, can interact and not have any hard feelings

P.S. Not asking if your like BFF's but can be in the same room and have a conversation.  instead of looks that could kill

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Replies (61-70):
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Yep, BM and I get along. Over time we have gained mutual respect and understanding of eachother. We don't live close but if we did we would probably hang out sometimes, at least at kids events.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blaquechinadoll
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Not this BM. I have tried. In one other relationship, BM was strictly about her son when it came to SO. In the other relationship BM was bonkers, but sweet towards me. She gave SO hell, but he deserved it some times.
confusednsad38
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I had a working relationship with BM until DH and I had our first child and she got stupid about it like we were'nt suppose to have kids together. When I got pregnant with our 2nd child my SC decided they wanted to come live with DD and BM started feeding them lies about how the only reason DD wanted them was so he could get the support. The SC are 14 & 16 and they don't respect her but she has said the only way she will let them move in is if DD takes her to court. I have no respect for her now and don't talk to her unless it's unavoidable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Yes I've done it many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Sm and I get along fine. She's been in the picture going on five years.

I avoid bm like the plague as I don't associate with crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I get along fairly well with everyone ... until they give me a reason not to.

BM and I get along fine. We have talked civily before, regarding her SK's, my son, and her sons (my SK's). We are cordial.

Ex's current lesbian friend that happens to live with him and sleep in his bed ... I've met her. We have spoken before. We are perfectly civil with eachother as well.

This amicable relationship is very fragile though ... my child is always more important than how well me and another adult get along.

MamaK313
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

BM and I  have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other. She is constantly trying to stir up drama through s-kids so I just avoid her at all costs. She's jealous of what DH and I have worked for and feels we should be able to hand out more to her financially. Not our fault she married a convict that can't find steady, well-paying work...

cherylam
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM
BM H I get along. When I told her we were all adults and there shouldn't be any drama, she whole heartedly agreed. We are not bff, but hold civilized conversations. DH's last wife though, tormented SD unmercilessly. There's no mindgames, I prefer calm over drama, and BM got the message. She still likes to hear about it when my darling SD goes off on me, but says she doesn't encourage it ( yeah, right). SD has serious anger issues over the last SM, but thankfully hasn't called me up and screamed obscenities at me for just over 6 months, a new record. And Dh has been staying out of it, for fear his daughter won't speak to him. I caught hell last October for answering the phone when she called, accused me of not letting DH answer it...he was in another room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Yes I do with BM. We're not friends but we can do things together for the kids. We have taken them places together, sat through a softball game (back when she would attend occasionally) side by side, with no problems. Its about the kids, not me or even BM. If getting along with her is what's best, then I can bite my tongue and get along. I know my SKs appreciate it very much.

claudiaf17
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I have 2 SDs 2 BMS and one of the BM lives in wahington so I dont see much of her we have meet it was hello nice to meet you she congratulated me on our engagement and our LO, but thats about it. The other BM at the begining was rude she would call SO and tell him she didnt want me living there taking her to school buying clothes ETC...... she just hated me until one day SD lied about a lot of things so we sat down and talked about things we are ok I mean I never call her and she never calls me if we see each other at events we say hello and thats about it . SO is really good about dealing with her.  

SD and i have a pretty good relationship but it has taken time Sd hated me when I was prego she said mean things to me it was aweful. things are better now.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured