Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
...that a judge would ever decide that a child should be with a BM who is a full time student instead of a dad who has a full time job and his significant other also has a full time job??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
laughnchica
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM
What details do you need?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Maybe. Would need to know the other details.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I'm not saying its worse. I'm just wondering if it's a legitimate reason to try to take custody from someone...

Quoting packermomof2:

I've gone to school full time while my ex had a full time job.  I kept my kids.  They didn't go to him.  Why is a full time school worse than full time job when you're going to school, usually, to get a better, more lucrative job?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Putting a child in daycare is mot grounds for a parent to lose custody, that much I do know. They could say hey you havee custody but BM gets first rights before baby sitter to keep dd.

Quoting laughnchica:

I'm not saying its worse. I'm just wondering if it's a legitimate reason to try to take custody from someone...

Quoting packermomof2:

I've gone to school full time while my ex had a full time job.  I kept my kids.  They didn't go to him.  Why is a full time school worse than full time job when you're going to school, usually, to get a better, more lucrative job?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
She lives about two hours away...how would she provide a babysitter first?

Quoting rwblake2011:

Putting a child in daycare is mot grounds for a parent to lose custody, that much I do know. They could say hey you havee custody but BM gets first rights before baby sitter to keep dd.

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting packermomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Thats just a stipulation They use now.

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting rwblake2011:

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting packermomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM
So like if we have to go to work and she doesn't want him to give her to a babysitter, she has the right to drive here and baysit her all day until he is off?

Quoting rwblake2011:

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting rwblake2011:

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting packermomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Something like that, ive hear yes maam.

Quoting laughnchica:

So like if we have to go to work and she doesn't want him to give her to a babysitter, she has the right to drive here and baysit her all day until he is off?

Quoting rwblake2011:

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting rwblake2011:

Quoting laughnchica:

Quoting packermomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Perhaps.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I mean a reason why one party should be chosen for custody over the other. The student versus job thing isn't enough of a reason. Also, the "significant other" with a job is irrelevant. Anyone can get, or lose, a boyfriend or girlfriend with a job.

Quoting laughnchica:

What details do you need?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Maybe. Would need to know the other details.

DDDaysh
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Generally, student/employment status isn't really considered when looking at custody.  Instead, they look at who the child is used to being with, who has typically cared for the child, and who has the ability to care for the child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)