Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

don't know what to do

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
My stepson came to live with us on memorial day. He hates being here told his mom its like prison and other stuff. My husband is sad because no matter how hard he tries his son never wants a relationship with him. Before he moved with us he would ignore my husbands calls and when he called his moms phone he would get on and barely say anything. My husband found out last night that he's telling people he wants to kill himself so he said he could go back to his moms in two weeks. Today my husband was asking me why his son hates him. I don't know what to tell him or what we should do. Should we let him move back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FloridaMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think your DH should get him into counseling fast. How old is he? Why did SS come live with his dad in the first place if he won't even talk to his BF?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Your husband needs to get him into counseling asap. These types of threats are not something to be taken lightly. I don't know the circumstances of him moving in with you, but I would imagine he has a lot pent up.

confusednsad38
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I definitely agree with FloridaMomma, about counseling. I have to question what is being said to SS about BD by BM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwblake2011
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Needs counseling asap. If hes telling people he wants to kill himself thats him asking for someone to stop him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle3615
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM
He was getting into trouble with drugs and fighting hes 13

Quoting FloridaMomma:

I think your DH should get him into counseling fast. How old is he? Why did SS come live with his dad in the first place if he won't even talk to his BF?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FloridaMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM
He needs help. He still has 4 years of high school left. 13 is really young to be having that much trouble already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

He came to live with his dad because he was getting into drugs and fighting? 

How much time does SS spend with his dad? Did he want to move in with Dad? Is that the only action that was taken or was that part of a larger plan to correct his behavior?

How involved was your DH with his son before the custody change?

why do you think he feels it's "like prison?"

elle3615
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM
His mom said she didn't know what to do anymore because everything she tried didn't work. We had him every other weekend but when we moved out of state for his job we would see him when we were in town. His dad would try to talk to him on the phone but he would ignore the calls and he would have to call his moms phone to talk to him. They tried being friends on facebook but his son was posting inappropriate things and we he commented about it his son blocked him. So they both thought getting him away would help, i think he says its like prison is because he has chores here and im home all day his mom works long hours so he had a lot of free time and our computer is in the living room so hes supervised when he's on it.

Quoting whatIknownow:

He came to live with his dad because he was getting into drugs and fighting? 

How much time does SS spend with his dad? Did he want to move in with Dad? Is that the only action that was taken or was that part of a larger plan to correct his behavior?

How involved was your DH with his son before the custody change?

why do you think he feels it's "like prison?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yesmaam
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Wow. He could be just acting out to get his way and he could really be considering suicide ...my experience though kids don't talk about wanting to commit suicide, they just do it. But id never take it lightly.....ever. get him rehab and counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonMom80
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM

If he's in that much trouble at that age, get him counseling for sure.  It will only get worse the older he gets if you can't get it taken care of now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured