Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Ignorant SD strikes again

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

My sd called her work on a day that she had already called in sick and told them that she was looking for another job and when she found one she was going to quit, guess what, they took her off the schedule. HA  Then she calls me boo-hooing about not having a job.  I suggest she go and look for another one. She states, I will tomorrow.  The next day she calls and before I say hello I ask "did you find a job"...."Yes" is her reply.  Then she starts telling me all the good things the manager at wherever see's in sd.  All the while, I am praising her (bc this is how you get along with sd) and telling her how lucky she is for finding one so soon.............THEN.......she tells me the manager stated "I will put your application on the top of the pile and we will call you for an interview"............WHAT.........."then you don't have the job, yet?"  She then gets upset and starts to cry because I pointed out that she doesn't have the job. 

I truly don't understand this 25 year old.  I wish I did.  Then I guess in an attempt to get her Dad upset with me she calls him and tattles on me.  Which did not work b/c he knows her too well.

Just had to vent this is a day in the life of Stepmother hood.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rose0919
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM

so she was bragging about a job she didn't get???? she only put in an appication for it? thats very odd.............

neveragrandma
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Quoting rose0919:

so she was bragging about a job she didn't get???? she only put in an appication for it? thats very odd.............

Exactly!!!! This is just one instance in trying to understand her.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if she's 25, her job woes are not your problem. 

rose0919
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM

wow she has some issues there , she sounds a lot like my nephew. big dreams no drive

Quoting neveragrandma:

Quoting rose0919:

Exactly!!!! This is just one instance in trying to understand her.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Why does this bother you so much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you even talk to her? You have nothing good to ever say to her. You say your husband knows so why even put on the pretense of liking her? You say you care but in reality you come off as never wanting to be a SM to this woman. And now not wanting to be around her child. Stop talking to her and letting it bother you when she does something that irks you. Maybe she will try to find support and approval from someone besides you then.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I'd stop engaging her. She's an adult and you don't have to deal with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangilyn
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I have a DD that is 26. I know she needs validation and affection that she is on the right path. I think that is what your SD needed at that moment. Just something like, well, honey that sounds really good. That's all. Instead you had to make her face that she is a failure.

feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I agree, especially when confronted with "did you get a job" instead of "hello"

Quoting lilangilyn:

I have a DD that is 26. I know she needs validation and affection that she is on the right path. I think that is what your SD needed at that moment. Just something like, well, honey that sounds really good. That's all. Instead you had to make her face that she is a failure.

neveragrandma
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting chanizen:

Why does this bother you so much?

Why does this bother you so much?  I was pointing out another reason I have given up on this girl.  I have tried for 18 years to understand her. Did you even read the post?  It's about just another one of the stupid things she has done.  I don't have to justify myself to you.  Everything you have ever wrote makes you sound like you are "all knowing" anyway.  So apparently you do know everything and we all need to stop and listen because you are the expert in famly dyinamics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)