Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since she has passed...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
4 moms liked this
First thanks for all the prayers and support! Means a lot! Now our lives today...he's doing great! Still watching for signs but so far so good ya know?! Tonight my husband ss and I were watching tv and he asked out loud if I was his momms now. I didn't even think I said __his name__ your momma is in heaven she's an angel watching over you and you know I'm your Brooke! He has always called me by first name..other than the little momma slips that come out(bed time sick scared ya know). So, he then asked will you be my momma here on earth? My husband who is a mans man ya know army and all sniffled! I some how found enough shit inside me to say "buddy I love you and daddy more than anything" he went back to watching tv. Now, knowing my husband he made a mad dash to the bedroom I waited for a sec and then I followed...he was crying! Ughhh I hate that! But he looked at me and thanked me for everything from being me to who I am to him and ss! It was just an awesome moment not that my husband don't thank me he does it everday! We both have fulltime jobs etc etc plus the family thing. But he asked me if I would adpot ss....I said of course I would but we needed to wait...not that its a me thing or a husband thing..I think its a ss thing...I have taken care of this child even before his mothers passing..(I'm not sure if I can repost a post to let y'all know what the deal was) I love him and I'm not going anywhere I'm just really like hmmm maybe we should wait til he gets older I'm not sure out of the respect for his mommas memeory maybe?! Id do it tomorrow that's not it but would ss want it tomorrow? He's only 8!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I think you said all the right things!

Good job SM!

high five

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You are a wise woman.

nsparky1964
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM

what a wonderful story, i sat here and cried like a 2yr old...I am also in a similar situation, my sd's bio mom passed from cancer just about 2yrs ago....they don't even think that those little things they say like that...and oh so many more...touch us...i mean truly touch our souls..!!! My sd is 16, and she has slipped a few times and called me mom...we both look at each other and smile....

newstepmom61811
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Brava mama! What grace you handled this with! Give it time with the adoption thing, I agree, talk to SS when he's a little older and more capable of aiding in the decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mschwab3360
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Whew, that made a tear in my eye! You've got to be a truly great & selfless person, it's great your dh & ss have you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsyRayne
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM

You said all the right things. But speaking from experience, my kids dad died when they were 1 and 4, they really wanted more than anything to have a dad. My ex asked me once if he could adopt them. I told him no. I wanted my kids to have their dad's lst name, as a memory to him, a bond, even though he wasn't there.

I look back now and wonder if I made the right decision. By him adopting them, it would have given them the dad they so desperatly wanted. Things ended badly with my ex and I. But he did love my kids, his family loved them also and treated them the same way they did all the kids in the family. Did I cause my kids pain by not allowing them to be adopted? I think about this and it bothers me.

I am not telling you that you should adopt your ss, but I am asking you to think about it. Would you be willing to raise him and love him, even if you and dh were no longer together and this was what needed to be done?

Are you willing to be his mommy on earth? To give him something he will at times desperatly want?

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting sandeeyo:

You are a wise woman.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured