Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is being audited

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

I made a post two weeks ago about reporting BM for fraud.   She called DH yesterday to complain about being audited by the state.  She didn't go into a lot of detail but man I didn't expect them to look into it that fast.

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwblake2011
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Oops! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM

What kind of fraud?

Bm got in trouble for food stamp fraud and IRS fraud.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

BM here got into trouble for childcare and welfare fraud. Owes the state like $10,000. She changed the $$ amount on her checks too!

YesImMomToo
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Audited for what? Who did you call?

Evil woman!! (snickers)

Quoting nmaxwell816:

I made a post two weeks ago about reporting BM for fraud.   She called DH yesterday to complain about being audited by the state.  She didn't go into a lot of detail but man I didn't expect them to look into it that fast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Welfare fraud, she was collecting cash assistance and telling welfare that she had full custody when she hasn't had full custody since 2010

Quoting jessiesluv:

What kind of fraud?

Bm got in trouble for food stamp fraud and IRS fraud.

nmaxwell816
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I called the welfare office because she's collecting cash assistance under the pretense that she has full custody which she hasn't had since 2010.  DH is responsible for paying it back and that's why I called!

Quoting YesImMomToo:

Audited for what? Who did you call?

Evil woman!! (snickers)

Quoting nmaxwell816:

blondepegasus
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
What is it with these BM's and committing fraud? My BM (almost sounds like I'm claiming her!) committed health insurance fraud a couple of years back. She signed sd's up for a welfare program they weren't eligible for because they already had full coverage thru DH. I investigated thoroughly and when I discovered it was under fraudulent pretenses and she would have had to lie to be approved, dh mentioned it to her casually that it was fraud and she pulled out. We could have gotten in trouble for being aware of it so if she hadn't cancelled, I would have reported her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangilyn
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you did a good thing. I am tired of paying taxes that are supposed to help those that really need it. So good for you for calling and good for them for auditing her ass.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Quoting lilangilyn:

I think you did a good thing. I am tired of paying taxes that are supposed to help those that really need it. So good for you for calling and good for them for auditing her ass.

Yes thank you!
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Sounds crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN