Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Does BM's husband, or SO, cause any problems? Or does he take a silent role in the background?

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:07 AM

BM's husband is the root of all of the problems.  They were removed from BM's home because of her, but they refuse to go back because of him. 

DH is DS's only father figure.  He only causes problems with me ;)

lilangilyn
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM

BM has had many live in boyfriends. The current one seems to make a lot of promises and can't follow through. The others would try to buy SS's love. One would give him a hundred dollars to play basketball with him. All have done inappropriate things like take him for piercings and tattoos, knowing that this was against his own father's wishes and the CO. After Hammy would break up with them, often they would call SS and tell him what a slut his mother was.

So I haven't liked any of these men very much.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM

No man has been as foolish as DH as yet, every time we are hopeful someone will take her off DH's hands, it ends.

Pero1
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM

BM has only had one boyfriend in the 16 years since her separation from DF ... that was more than 10 years ago, and he left her after a few months to go back to his wife.

DF stays in the background .... he has never spoken to or even met BF, just like I've never spoken to SM.

drakemom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM
BM's SO is back in jail for the moment I believe. The kids hate him. I don't think he he is involved much, but then again neither is BM.

My DF is very involved in the day to day stuff, changing diapers, taking them to the park, those kind of things. When it comes to big things, its left to me and ex. He does a very good job with his role :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
He is def not silent, he is actively involved in raising ss..and no it isn't a problem with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Bm's dh attempted to be the go between for bm/dh. He'd listen in on their conversations and put in his two cents. It drove my dh nuts and is one of the multiple reasons he will only deal with bm via email.

mirm99
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Bm boyfriend is great... He speaks up but he's very fair.. He usually speaks up and defends me.. Haha.. If bm is wrong hell tell her why he thinks she's wrong and vice versa w me.. Dh hasn't really spoken to Him but once at the dr appt but nothing more than a hi..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Bm boyfriend is great! Dh and I genuinely like him. Thank god bc bm can't have civil conversations about anything and her bf is very diplomatic and will diffuse her when she has one of her fits. He is very honest with dh and agrees that bm should not be trying to force dh out of their sons life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misstaylor85
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

My sd Step dad is very active with SD however he never disciplines her. He comes from a "whole" family and so this whole step parenting thing is completely new to him he is coming around though and SD loves him to pieces and he loves her he just is having a harder time adjusting to what role to take on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN