Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

This is petty, but I have to vent a little.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 57 Replies
OK, I am going to start by openly admitting this is just one of those petty, little, get-under-your-skin stupid things...

We get SD7 every Friday night and EO Saturday through Sunday afternoon. BM gets CS and has primary responsibility for SD's clothes, so the agreement is she packs a suitcase for the weekend.

For the past three Friday nights, SD has shown up with a nightgown that says, "Mommy's Little Dreamer."

Ugh!? Really?

Told ya it was petty... It's just been a long, hot week. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beaularson91
by Janice on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

...seriously....

doll0302
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You can vent. It's fine. I get it. I am sure that she has other things she can wear. And it has been a long hot week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Don't let it get to you too bad. Sounds like you need to sit under the AC for a little while and cool down.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Really?  If this is all you have to complain about, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

CoochieLibre
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with the shirt. If it said "Stepmoms are evil" I could see there being a problem. ;)

CoochieLibre
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
3 moms liked this
MonkeyDoodleMom
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Not by a long shot. It's just one of those passive aggressive digs intended to piss me off. Trying to not let it work, but, DAMN it's too hot for this crap!

Let's see... There's SD's lovely habit of grabbing everything she can touch, moving, stealing or hiding things she knows belong to someone else just so she can sit back and watch the search. One time, it was my glasses which she buried in the toy chest, and I had to get new ones to end the migraine after 3 days without them. That was $200 worth of fun.

Tonight's event: sneaking one of DD's favorite toys into SD's room by wrapping it up in one of SD's pillow pets. Except the toy makes *noise* so we heard her playing with it. And got, "Oh, I forgot that was there..." (instead of in the bin where DD put it, wow! just magically transported itself elsewhere?!)

Then there's BM sending SD to march in a July 4th parade when she has an ear infection, was at the doc w/a temp of 102 and it was over 100 degrees out. But BM thought it perfectly fine to send SD to walk the parade...and yet it was "too hot" for BM to sit in, so she watched from her AC'd office and texts my fiance it's too hot for HER. So, he walked with SD to make sure she didn't overheat and pulled her from parade at halfway point.

Just...yeah. Too friggin hot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeyDoodleMom
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
That is awesome!!!!!

Quoting CoochieLibre:

You could always get SD this:

http://www.zazzle.ca/love_my_wicked_stepmother_kids_shirt-235076475929513236

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM

what? Yeah petty would be the word lol. Not something I'd care about, but I know there are plenty of things that have gotten under my skin that in hindsight were just as petty, so guess I can't blame you.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

you don't like that her night gown says "mommy's little dreamer?"

what am I missing....

what is your complaint?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN