Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Hi All!

My dh is going in for spinal surgery tomorrow morning.  We have a crazy several weeks...both my dd and my ss have cheer and football camps.  My ds works fulltime and is getting ready to go to college next month.  My sd...well her boyfriend is coming in from out of state for 22 days (another issue; not approved by us) so she is pretty much checked out of the family.

I am the queen of carpooling and make sure my kids are where they need to be when they need to be there.  We have been trying to contact their mother about this; she refuses to call back.  The kids were just there and when dh asked her about it..."I'll let you know". 

I have TODAY ONLY to get this all coordinated.  We have no way to get him to camp tomorrow.  We can get him picked up but not there.  The rest of the days we have worked out. 

I am just amazed how amazingly selfish this woman is!  But I guess it shouldn't surprise me...she did leave her family for another lover!

~Julie In Ohio~

Mom of 4 Teens

"Two wrongs don't make a right!"

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
perroquet
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Pas vraiment essayer de le cacher!

Quoting pepper504:

Sans doute. :)

Quoting jlg12678:

Nous savons qui il est. ;)

Quoting pepper504:

Eh bien, elle est ce qu'elle est, pas vrai? ;)

Quoting perroquet:

c'est peut-être’.

Quoting pepper504:

Oui. Oui. 

Quoting jlg12678:

Off topic-isn't perroquet french for parrot?

Quoting perroquet:

Quoting drumlinemama:

We told her quite sometime ago that we would need help transporting him to and from camp...this goes on three days a week for the next couple of weeks and then everyday after that.  We have everything covered until the season starts expect for this one day and only getting him there.  She is his mother...should she not take some responsibility?  She has known the date of the surgery for weeks and that there was a conflict with camp.  I have been dilligently looking for carpool options for him...however they go to school in a different district than my kids do and than what we live in so I don't know a soul.  I feel bad for ss...

May I ask, what is the custody arrangement per the court order?

perroquet
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean come on.....

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I  love parrots in any language. Such nice birds. So colorful. and smart.

Quoting perroquet:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

c'est peut-être’.

Quoting pepper504:

Oui. Oui. 

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting perroquet:

Quoting drumlinemama:

We told her quite sometime ago that we would need help transporting him to and from camp...this goes on three days a week for the next couple of weeks and then everyday after that.  We have everything covered until the season starts expect for this one day and only getting him there.  She is his mother...should she not take some responsibility?  She has known the date of the surgery for weeks and that there was a conflict with camp.  I have been dilligently looking for carpool options for him...however they go to school in a different district than my kids do and than what we live in so I don't know a soul.  I feel bad for ss...

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Apparenlty pas si elle a été compris si tôt dans le match. ;) <3

Quoting perroquet:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

c'est peut-être’.

Quoting pepper504:

Oui. Oui. 

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting perroquet:

Quoting drumlinemama:

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Quoting perroquet:

I mean come on.....

This is when I love that my Granny taught me her native language at a young age, RIP Granny :)

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I have my college French to fall back on. Love the language....

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

I mean come on.....

This is when I love that my Granny taught me her native language at a young age, RIP Granny :)

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Me too.  I got stuck taking Spanish in high school and college.  Did you know that when my grandmother was in school, they forbade them to speak French and had to speak English only.  If they were caught at any time speaking French on the school grounds, they were reprimanded.  That is why Cajun French is a dying language, cher.

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

I mean come on.....

perroquet
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

When Perroquet was created, you were one of the first people I thought of! "well, she's gonna get this right off the bat!" But it was jlg! LOL!

Quoting pepper504:

Me too.  I got stuck taking Spanish in high school and college.  Did you know that when my grandmother was in school, they forbade them to speak French and had to speak English only.  If they were caught at any time speaking French on the school grounds, they were reprimanded.  That is why Cajun French is a dying language, cher.

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

I mean come on.....

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

She beat me to it.  I thought it was you and then read what she said and was like "DAMN, JLG beat me."  LOL.  So, what is up? Why the change?

Quoting perroquet:

When Perroquet was created, you were one of the first people I thought of! "well, she's gonna get this right off the bat!" But it was jlg! LOL!

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting jlg12678:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting perroquet:

I mean come on.....

angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Just don't worry about him going for the day. Dh had cervical spine surgery in April and from experience the last thing you'll be thinking about is Ss missing one day of camp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)