Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Need Help!!!!! Deperate!!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my DH ex wife seems to think she runs my household. The custody arrangement states we get the kids for one month at the beginning of summer. We have had them since May 24th. I understand it is just a couple of weeks over but it is ridiculous. She drops them off every weekend when its only supposed to be every other weekend and she calls him constantly to watch them so she can drink with her friends. Even if we are not home or out of town she drops them off on our porch and tells us they are there so we have to drop everything and go home. Once we were 3 hrs out of town and the cops called us angry for having the kids locked out. We had to go to court for neglect and prove we were gone when she dropped them off. She is now saying she will not take them because she doesnt have any where for them to stay. It didnt stop her last summer when we were living on a friends couch. We still had them that whole summer. She did get them in daycare (so she says) they havent started yet. She said she will take them there and bring them back to my house. Our end of the deal is up am i wrong to be upset with her? Also, she gets over 200 a month in foodstamps and does not help us at all and it is difficult to make ends meet with 3 extra kids I had not expected to be 100% responsible for.  There has got to be something I can do right???

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Get custody of the kids, I suppose.

angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Go for custody modification and CS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newstepmom61811
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this
That sort of "dumping" the kids was part of what won my DH custody. We have control, we plan the schedule, the childcare. The responsibility is high, but the stability is well worth it. The kids are very happy with routines. They thrive with stability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alissaplusthree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

What is it that you want?

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I would go for custody and CS modification. BM does not sound stable at all.

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

well you have 2 options:

1) keep track of how often she drops them off and try to have other people document it also to gain full custody.

2) stop giving in! have your DH copy the court order and highlight what his time is and print a dated letter and have it signed by a notary stating that he will NOT agree to anything beyond what the court order says. that if bm drops kids off at an unscheduled time he will call cops and file abandonment charges against mom.

sounds like the kids really need you and dh to get custody so they have a stable home and reliable parents.

court_1989
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Quoting ROBIN-C:

well you have 2 options:

1) keep track of how often she drops them off and try to have other people document it also to gain full custody.

2) stop giving in! have your DH copy the court order and highlight what his time is and print a dated letter and have it signed by a notary stating that he will NOT agree to anything beyond what the court order says. that if bm drops kids off at an unscheduled time he will call cops and file abandonment charges against mom.

sounds like the kids really need you and dh to get custody so they have a stable home and reliable parents.

I agree. Especially if she just dropping off When your not there. That is considered abandonment.
wendyjoe
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM

i would go for custody they need a better home than what she is providing

Heather.Rose
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I would just go for custody but that would detroy my life. These kids are very disrespectful, make racist remarks at my half black son and he is only 2! and they run away, scream, break things, and cuss at us. They are both on probation for felonies at only 11 and 9. I just don't know what to do. We just had court for the oldest yesterday and that did not go very well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)