Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

And here is an encore performance...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
BM called SO today saying that they need to meet about visitation and that everything is going to change. He asked what she was talking about and she told him that she needs $300 because she has to go to California because he (we're assuming her BF) said she has to be out tonight and SO needs to come pick up his daughter.
He told her no money...he is not responsible for her financially and why the hell would she ask him...and we picked up his daughter of course.
But....we don't trust her word after what she pulled and we can't afford a lawye again. So we have to try for another modification on our own and the judge already told us there will automatically be a hearing and we are just...so exhausted of this shit. This is the 3rd time in nine months she has moved between these two states. What is going to happen when his daughter goes to her for his deployment and she is starting school. A toddler can't handle moving every three months! And the judge can't tell her where to live.
Will this drama ever end!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KamiB79
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

So the BM has custody? If she can't provide a stable home, then I would assume you guys could talk documentation of the issues before the judge and get custody.

angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Your Dh could Try and get custody, but SD would probably still go to Bm during his deployment. Honestly Ds was moved 3 times before he was 18 months and he did great. Even when the last move was when Dh became Cp, he went from an only child to the youngest of 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM
No SO has custody. His daughter was just with mom for her summer visitation. We are just going to get her move documented in court and that she doesn't get every other weekend anymore since she's over 20 hours and we are switching holidays to evry other year since it wouldn't work with what we have now of splitting the holidays at noon on the day of thanksgiving or Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkdwytch
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The child may not have to go to BM for DH deployment. I have seen cases where the child stayed with the SP since the home was stable.

laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM
We would like to have it where she would stay with me and her mom gets her for the regular visitation schedule just for stability and she won't have to change schools but it seems unlikely... =/

Quoting wkdwytch:

The child may not have to go to BM for DH deployment. I have seen cases where the child stayed with the SP since the home was stable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkdwytch
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Quoting laughnchica:

We would like to have it where she would stay with me and her mom gets her for the regular visitation schedule just for stability and she won't have to change schools but it seems unlikely... =/

Why is it unlikely? From my experience, if a child is in school and their CS parent is deployed, they usually get to stay with the SP. I have seen it many times.

Quoting wkdwytch:

laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM
When we went to court last we discussed the deployment and the judge seemed to prefer that the child stay with the BM while SO is gone but maybe that will change now...one can dream.

Quoting wkdwytch:

Quoting laughnchica:

Why is it unlikely? From my experience, if a child is in school and their CS parent is deployed, they usually get to stay with the SP. I have seen it many times.

Quoting wkdwytch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)