Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So excited for SD!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SD is 4 so she doesnt make the cut for kindergarten but luckily our school district allows 4 year olds that turn 5 before december to go through a screening to see if they are cut out for kindergarten early and SD's screening is tomorrow afternoon! Hope she gets it!!!!!!!! if she does she will start kindergarten in a few weeks!!! :)

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyReedy
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Is she ready?  I once had a foster child start that early...they should have waited.  He was really far behind when I got him in first grade.

MoreThanMost
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM

ya she is very ready, i started "playing school" with her when she first turned 3 so she knows a lot more than the average four year old,thats the main reason we are starting her early

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it went well!

MoreThanMost
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Still waiting to hear back from the school!

angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM
As long as she's ready I hope she's excepted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM

i started dd  early, she is still at the top of her class and the youngest. she is in all advanced classes. gets straight A's and is already looking at high schools. she will be going into 7th grade this yr. she is also a self proclaimed nerd. and loves to learn. 

it really depends on the child. good luck hope she does wonderfull!

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!!!!! Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Quoting rose0919:

i started dd  early, she is still at the top of her class and the youngest. she is in all advanced classes. gets straight A's and is already looking at high schools. she will be going into 7th grade this yr. she is also a self proclaimed nerd. and loves to learn. 

My daughter is also a self proclaimed nerd... :)

In Kindergarten the teacher walked away from me when she asked me what preschool my kid went to and I said she didn't go.  By the first parent teacher conference she had to apologize for that because I had the kid that was ahead of the class ..by the time kindy was over she was a year ahead of her classmates. 

She just got out of the GT magnet class here and will be in advanced classes in middle school next year (I'm not ready for middle school even if she thinks she is).

My son is just as bright but didn't make it into the magnet class based on not passing a test that dealt with patterns.  He kicked his sister's butt academically speaking.  The yearly state testing they do here he was darn near perfect on, reads on an 8th grade level, and does his math in his head and ran circles around his classmates this year in math (his teacher worked with her students and was, by far, one of the best teachers either of my kids ever had and she moved the kids up at their pace, not hers)...He's going into fourth grade.

In second grade he was getting math test questions marked wrong even though the answers were right.  I went to ask the teacher and she said it was because he wasn't showing his work... I knew they marked that wrong in upper grades but didn't know that in 2nd... He's big in "studying" everything... Greek Mythology is his current topic.

MoreThanMost
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The school called but we barely missed it and by the time we called back a few minutes later the office had closed so now we have to wait until morning!!

Anticipation is killing us!lol

fingers crossed

MoreThanMost
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think my SD will be the same way! We took her to the doctor yesterday and they gave her a vision test and on the pictures of moons she would call them crescents and on the pictures of flags she would say a rectangle flag.haha the nurse was impressed! Everyone is usually shocked when we tell them she is only 4

Quoting rose0919:

it really depends on the child. good luck hope she does wonderfull!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN