Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

would you pay his child support? update

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 99 Replies
If dh lost his job would you pay his child support? Mine just did and he happens to pay out the same amount I'm getting for my daughter so he suggested giving it to his ex. I don't feel I should do that. It is my daughters support money and I don't feel I should pay it out of my checks either. What would you do?

Update:
Just to clarify no my job isn't enough to pay our bills plus that. And as some of you have said my daughter needs things too. He already got mad at me when I told him I can't buy their school clothes and supplies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Gwen
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
He should pay it out of his unemployment checks and if that's not enough to cover it... Well he's got nothing better to do than go down to CSE and file for modification. Maybe he should go there in the morning, first thing? Hell no, I wouldn't pay it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm, I want to say yes, but probably not. If DH lost his job, mine would barely cover the necessary things like rent, bills, and diapers.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM
If my husband had to pay cs and lost his job of course I would pay it for him. I would be pissed but hey I know he would do it for me! Also if he gets behind that's not a good deal at all I hear....but I would make him do one of those mod til he found another job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juliette12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM
this is ridiculous ,I would not do that

it is his child support not yours ,if he can't support his child he can't do that
SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It would depend on my job and if it would cover the bills otherwise. Then I would want reimbursed for what I paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM
I paid as much as I could for as long as I could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltigersmom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you and dh split expenses? When he did work, did any of his money go towards your child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM

This, I would do this.  I'd rather that fiance' had his driver's license, not have his passport revoked, and stay out of jail.

Quoting WifeyC:

I paid as much as I could for as long as I could.

mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM
3 moms liked this
He wants you to give your daughter money to his ex? Is he stuck on stupid, how dare he even think of something so stupid. He is thinking of his self, and not your child well being. Your daughter money should not be made to pay his childsupport!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcg
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Yep I did it for 2 yrs. I worked overtime to be able to. Didn't like it but it was a bill that needed to be paid. I definatly became resentful at times when his ex would ask for extras. My situation was a little different if I had to do it again help no. But that is because at the end of the 2 yrs she got a big fat retro check from the government off of his benefits. Basically she got paid twice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)