Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

would you pay his child support? update

If dh lost his job would you pay his child support? Mine just did and he happens to pay out the same amount I'm getting for my daughter so he suggested giving it to his ex. I don't feel I should do that. It is my daughters support money and I don't feel I should pay it out of my checks either. What would you do?

Update:
Just to clarify no my job isn't enough to pay our bills plus that. And as some of you have said my daughter needs things too. He already got mad at me when I told him I can't buy their school clothes and supplies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (71-80):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM

hell no.

i did just pay $25 for his sons spirit pack for football, because after he paid the reg fee, volunteered TWICE for bingo to waive the equipment fee, and we BOTH know he will be doing ALL the transport for practices because she will not go to any, and all games because she will go to only one or two games, and she promised to pay it then dodged him all day. but i am not paying her nearly 1000 a month. hell to the fuck no.

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I wouldn't be able to afford my fiance's CS. I also wouldn't allow my children to go without so I could give his ex money. She works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDStepMomma2
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Oh hell to the no. Tell him to get some anger management classes since he seems to have issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kargirl42
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I may have in the past..not anymore..I keep telling him he needs to file a modification or they are going to arrest him again. He's a month behind again and can't collect unemployment. I can't afford to pay his support he knows it. So when the cops show up again I will tell him to thank his x for putting him through this bullshit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonMom80
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Nope. At least not until after he filed for a temp modification based on being unemployed. After that, if he was still struggling, I would pitch in on bills as needed. But the check cut to CS would come out of his account.
alissaplusthree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM

In the words of Madea, "Oh, hell no!"

evilangel198431
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM
No my name isn't on his car and he got it when I was living elsewhere because we had split up for a while. I would pay it if I could but the point I am trying to make is that I really can't.

Quoting Steamedpuddle30:

But this is your guys together. Isn't cs kind of like the skid? Not my kid not my probelm. stay away from anything to do w cs? I don't raise my skids so why would I have to contribute to the cs? This should be between the parents of the kid no? Just thinking out Loud:)

Quoting mom2boys664:

I always did, I think when you are married you shoulder these burdens together. If it was his car payment would you do it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

No.  

I have no legal rights to SS, so CS is not my responsibility.  I would point SO in the direction of the CSE/atty to file for a temporary reduction of CS, but thats it.  my bills would get paid same as usual, and I would expect him to find a way to cover his bills, including his share of the household bills.

NOW, if he and I made the decision together for him to be a SAHD, that would be a different story, because at that point the household bills would be on me and the running of the household would be on him.  But TBH I would never want that to happen, I like a working man ;-)

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM

agree wtih this..

Quoting sandeeyo:

Just based on what you've posted about your DH and how ENTITLED he seems to be that he believes HE is entitled to the money you receive to support your child, I would probably NOT be thinking about whether I should pay for his child support or not.  I'd be looking into an exit plan and trying to figure out how.  Also, if the shoe were on the other foot, would HE give up his CS to help you pay yours?  Doesn't sound like he would.

evilangel198431
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM
We didn't make the decision for him to stay home. That's why I don't believe I should have to do this. He has a lot of bills that are not going to get paid and I don't know what he is going to do about them. His cell phone... car payment... insurance.....some court fees...child support. Not to mention his cigarettes. Don't really know what he is going to do about any of those things.

Quoting luckystars2012:

No.  

I have no legal rights to SS, so CS is not my responsibility.  I would point SO in the direction of the CSE/atty to file for a temporary reduction of CS, but thats it.  my bills would get paid same as usual, and I would expect him to find a way to cover his bills, including his share of the household bills.

NOW, if he and I made the decision together for him to be a SAHD, that would be a different story, because at that point the household bills would be on me and the running of the household would be on him.  But TBH I would never want that to happen, I like a working man ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN