Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

would you pay his child support? update

If dh lost his job would you pay his child support? Mine just did and he happens to pay out the same amount I'm getting for my daughter so he suggested giving it to his ex. I don't feel I should do that. It is my daughters support money and I don't feel I should pay it out of my checks either. What would you do?

Update:
Just to clarify no my job isn't enough to pay our bills plus that. And as some of you have said my daughter needs things too. He already got mad at me when I told him I can't buy their school clothes and supplies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (81-90):
meerkat101
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Yes I would, and I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raerae725
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I would try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yesmaam
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Nope.

kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Well. Dang... Wish I could c&p mobile.... Anyway.... You say he had an "attitude" problem at work... Sounds like he thinks he can afford an attitude problem... He should be a man and keep his attitude OUT of his job... You know the thing that pays him to support HIS kids...

He caused it... Now he can suffer the consequences.... Period
MyBigFam6
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I don't know.what exactly your looking to.hear but.use your child's support to pay for school stuff. Even if you buy his child some.hold reciepts and give them to the childs mom. Tell her BC we can't pay support we are still.trying to.cover his expenses. That's my suggestion. Don't give it to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom7834
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

why are you even with him????

WickdlySweet
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Same here and I did it for him in the past.He is the only driver in the household and sole provider for now so I would throw something towards CS each week to keep him out of jail and able to drive the kids to appointments.If I couldnt afford the entire payment,I would pay something each week and he would call the cs officer and explain.I've learned from his CS officer that communication with them as far as your situation is key PLUS paying at least a portion every week will TEMPORARILY buy you a little time to get on track.They will hold off on a warrant a little longer.

But its totally up to each person...no she doesnt have to do it for him.In my situation I would though.

Quoting sandeeyo:

This, I would do this.  I'd rather that fiance' had his driver's license, not have his passport revoked, and stay out of jail.

Quoting WifeyC:

I paid as much as I could for as long as I could.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

the thing is i don't feel that her money should go to them at all. she needs supplies and clothes for school and i can't afford to do that if i spend some of her money on them.

Quoting MyBigFam6:

I don't know.what exactly your looking to.hear but.use your child's support to pay for school stuff. Even if you buy his child some.hold reciepts and give them to the childs mom. Tell her BC we can't pay support we are still.trying to.cover his expenses. That's my suggestion. Don't give it to her.

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would in order to keep him out of arrears. I may begin to get resentful about it, though, just gonna admit that.

No, I would not hand over my child's support for his children. I would pay out of my paycheck.

MyBigFam6
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I respect that I truely do. But I was looking at it as OK someone has to do it there has to be some middle ground. If you feel you shouldn't don't. I wouldnt. Hell my SS is 10. He has a Bm and her family (though she's not around much BC of drugs), he also has his dads ex and her family (she's around when she want.but.that's BC loves her.and.she was in.his life for several years) who all brag about living him and caring for.him. but when he needs stuff and is sick guess who is the one taking.care of him. Guess who is taking him school shopping? Me on my and dhs money. Mind you my.dh is there for him to don't get that wrong. Its a bunch.of.BS though when a Bm or any parents says they can't afford something. Bring down your taste and get stuff short your self for your kids. I go with out things when money is tight for my kids. They come first. And I say my kids my two biological and my.SS. no one else will do things for em its.me and dh.

BTW don't get me wrong your not wrong for just getting.your daughter her stuff and making the parents sort it out for their son, what would they do if you didn't get an extra income? Just if you do.have it think.of the kid. I'm sure you will. I do wish you luck and hope people figure their stuff out.

One other thing. You dh needs to find a new way to pay his cs. Yes it is part of your bills as a unit but same thing its a bill he has from his past and he would have to find a way to dare for.his child either way. I wish.him luck.

Quoting evilangel198431:

the thing is i don't feel that her money should go to them at all. she needs supplies and clothes for school and i can't afford to do that if i spend some of her money on them.

Quoting MyBigFam6:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN