Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Day One of Project "Not My Kid, Not My Problem"

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok, ladies~let's see how well this is gonna work. the SS is still asleep, so I still have a little time to prepare myself...

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rose0919
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

stay strong you can do it!!!!!!!! if it gets to be to much leave! it will take a while to get used to it .

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

What are your plans for today?

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS will be here from IL by Tuesday night, so I will be spending lots of time in my office to convert half of it to a bedroom for him. Space for a bed, his clothes, and toys~I've got it planned out in my head, just gotta make it happen.

drakemom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Best thing I ever did for myself was to repeat that mantra when it comes to my DF's kids. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

this is good to keep yourself busy.  is dh home today? remember if ss comes to you redirect him to dh. crank your music and get to work! dance around while doing it . it will put you in a zone to yourself!

Quoting ScarlettLetter:

My DS will be here from IL by Tuesday night, so I will be spending lots of time in my office to convert half of it to a bedroom for him. Space for a bed, his clothes, and toys~I've got it planned out in my head, just gotta make it happen.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM

That sounds like a great start of your day.

How long has your son been gone, and how long is he going to stay?

How old is he again?

and remember.. no need to be rude to SS, just be polite and smile. You are a new women today! One that is nice, but disengaged. YAY!

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

the BF and I have been divorced since my BC's were 4, 1, and 10 mos., respectively. He was given full custody(long story), I was given "liberal" visitation. They live in IL and I'm in AR. My DS coming to me is now 9yrs old and it's another long involved story about how I was finally given "temporary custody for an indefinite time period". I'll take what I can get and make it work for both of us to the best of my ability.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Well I think now is the best time to give 100% to your son. :)

I bet you are nerves!

Quoting ScarlettLetter:

the BF and I have been divorced since my BC's were 4, 1, and 10 mos., respectively. He was given full custody(long story), I was given "liberal" visitation. They live in IL and I'm in AR. My DS coming to me is now 9yrs old and it's another long involved story about how I was finally given "temporary custody for an indefinite time period". I'll take what I can get and make it work for both of us to the best of my ability.

ScarlettLetter
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, no I'm not. At least here, I have the support of my family. My parents and one of my sisters live about 20 miles from me so my DS will see them quite often too.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Quoting ScarlettLetter:

Actually, no I'm not. At least here, I have the support of my family. My parents and one of my sisters live about 20 miles from me so my DS will see them quite often too.

That's awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN