Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT-can't believe this happened!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

I usually don't like posting too much personal information, but something happened in my town that blew my mind.

An elementary school nurse was arrested for practicing without a license. She worked for this school for five years! We are outraged she slipped through and was hired. She apparently was using a fake name. There are reports she's been arrested for the same crime in two other states-how the hell did this not show up on a background check? Would her fingerprints (they fingerprint faculty) not raised a red flag to the school board?

This woman also claimed to have cancer and the community did a fund raiser for her. Her cancer reports are also false and this is also a gimmick she has used to weasel money out of people for years.

So this has my little town abuzz. I will post a link to the news story.

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bells2000
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM
wtf. i hate hearing about stuff like that because it does discourage people from donating/helping those that really do need the help.

i hope third time is a charm for justice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

That kind of stuff pisses me off.

As for the money- She should be forced to give the money either to a community organization or the school.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM

WOW...what a crazy lady.

and yes..nursing staff do their finger prints with every new job. They can't just show up with a piece a paper that states they are a nurse. It has to be verified through the state board of nursing.

she had to of had a fake ID and SS as well. I wounder how she was doing her taxes.

How strange!

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

holly shit!!!

The school didn't even call to have her licence checked! It would have been a 3min phone call.

Shame on them. The school should be in trouble as well.

SuperWoman8
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM

the article said that it probably wouldn't have occured for them to check her license. why on earth not?

do you know how she got caught?

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM

The town is outraged and people are talking abut suing the school. I mean, how does this slip? Some people are supporting her because she is a nice lady. Nice or not, she broke the law.

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Dh is a nurse and although he isn't fingerprinted for every job, his nursing license and DL is always ran. I had him read this article and he was appalled that the school wouldn't check to verify her licensure. I can't believe only one parent called in concerned!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN