Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to court too?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM
  • 21 Replies
Last year BM stole our truck with my DSD in it. My DH took the baby for a month after finding out she had her around a man who was selling drugs out of his house.. BM was smoking the drugs. She begged DH to let her see her daughter. He agreed. She came by acted normal, played with DSD. She took DSD outside to play but little did we know she swiped the truck keys. She stole the truck, DH got in another car, chased her and called the police. Needless to say she was caught and charged with 2 felonies, 1 misdemeanor. We went to court and she got off with just paying restitution. She never paid it. The courts are coming after her again. We have court Tuesday. I'm wondering if I should go with DH for support or no? FYI, this was another reason we have full custody of DSD. I'm wondering if I'm overstepping or just being there for support? It's my truck too that she damn near demolished.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessiesluv
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go for support, but that's me.

MapaP
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go. Not just to support my husband, which is reason enough. But also to be there for myself. You have both been victimized and deserve to see the issue through.

nikkib2012
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Yea I was thinking the same. Last time we went it seemed like she got off n DH had quite a breakdown. I just wanted to see what most SM's would do in this situation.

Quoting jessiesluv:

I would go for support, but that's me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkib2012
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea. I sure as hell feel victimized. I still have to get work done to the truck and she almost flipped it with my DSD in it. Just wondering if I'm in the right, thx.

Quoting MapaP:

I would go. Not just to support my husband, which is reason enough. But also to be there for myself. You have both been victimized and deserve to see the issue through.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Your vehicle... I say go to court.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I always went to support DH.

MapaP
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You are. Sometimes it's very difficult to see our own side in things. I know that for a long time I was so sensitive to the sks needs and even the ex wifes needs that I forgot I have needs too! You would go to court if it were a stranger who did this to you and your family. You need to be there for yourself first and your husband second. And, he needs to be there for you as well as himself. YOU MATTER!

rose0919
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM

i always go to court with dh. but this has nothing to do with cs or co . yes i would go to court without even thinking. how did she get off so easy? if she hasnt paid hopefully it wont be easy this time.

nikkib2012
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quoting rose0919:

i always go to court with dh. but this has nothing to do with cs or co . yes i would go to court without even thinking. how did she get off so easy? if she hasnt paid hopefully it wont be easy this time.

I have the slightest idea how. She had a public defender and our public lawyer sucked!! She had no clue as to what was even going on. I think that was how. Come to find out that States Attorney has been demothed and is no longer the attorney on this case, thank goodness. I don't care either way, I just want the money back so I can actually get the ball bearings fixed now, lololol, an ENTIRE summer later!!!

angelmommy2806
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I would go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured