Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

It is finished . . .

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
5 moms liked this

Well, we were pretty certain we had a new CO nailed down, but BM officially signed today!  Woot!  So, 50/50 is official, lots of summer break time to enjoy (and in large blocks, not a few days here and there), and lots of holiday time.  DH can also get DSS's medical records and has them on the way already!

And the icing on the cake, DH is finally paying a limited amount of CS like he should be when he has DSS almost half the time and pays for everything when he's here, plus is the only one who takes care of hair cuts and Halloween costumes, and pretty much anything DSS needs that BM "can't afford."

There were things in it BM didn't like, but it was all the state guaranteed stuff!  DH stood his ground on those things because the court would give them to him if it went that far and she backed off.  DH got everything he asked for when he tried to sign with her by agreement w/o a lawyer, plus a bunch of extra stuff.  Funny thing is all the state stuff she didn't like, well, most of it DH didn't go for until she forced him to get a lawyer.  Definitely a day for celebrating in this household!

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaslilbear10
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

way to go

OregonMom80
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Thanks!  We need to go celebrate now! :-)

Quoting Mamaslilbear10:

way to go

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM

high five

OregonMom80
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM

That's how I felt too . . . until BM didn't show up for her pick-up last night!  No call, wouldn't answer her phone either, so we had to do that mad last minute scramble to find someone to watch him today and DH hadn't arranged .  DSS normally stays until Fri morning during the school year, but during the summer they just did a bedtime exchange since both work and BM had a hissy fit before about DH leaving him with his sitter and her getting him later in the day (not sure why since she works that whole time, but it was an ordeal last year).  DH even offered to drive him to her this time to give her a week to adjust to her having to pick up for her time.

Finally this morning she got a hold of him and it seems she's already trying to be pissy about the state standard now being that one parent drives one-way and the other drives the other.  He got a sob story about how her car isn't reliable (reliable enough to take DSS to school right by our house half time, but not to pick up DSS from dad's, which is 15 min closer than the school to her) and so she couldn't come get him.  Ok, but DH offered to drop off this time . . . not to mention she didn't so much as call or even answer her phone.  It seems that DH getting his CS lowered and her having to do her own pick-up she doesn't appreciate, so he's getting the "poor me, I have a crappy car and can't come get my kid and now I have no money to fix it either" thing - and making her point by trying to screw us by leaving us with DSS when we have to work and made no plans for his care since he wasn't supposed to be with us today.

The irony is that this just resulted in DSS spending more time with me alone because DH hadn't arranged to go in late today and I could drop DSS off with family on my way to work.  It actually worked out just fine for us. 

I'm so glad next summer is 2 week blocks for us with weekend exchanges though!  Poor kid knew BM was supposed to come get him and then she never showed up.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

high five

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

clapping

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

How frustrating...and how sad for DSS. 

Quoting OregonMom80:

That's how I felt too . . . until BM didn't show up for her pick-up last night!  No call, wouldn't answer her phone either, so we had to do that mad last minute scramble to find someone to watch him today and DH hadn't arranged .  DSS normally stays until Fri morning during the school year, but during the summer they just did a bedtime exchange since both work and BM had a hissy fit before about DH leaving him with his sitter and her getting him later in the day (not sure why since she works that whole time, but it was an ordeal last year).  DH even offered to drive him to her this time to give her a week to adjust to her having to pick up for her time.

Finally this morning she got a hold of him and it seems she's already trying to be pissy about the state standard now being that one parent drives one-way and the other drives the other.  He got a sob story about how her car isn't reliable (reliable enough to take DSS to school right by our house half time, but not to pick up DSS from dad's, which is 15 min closer than the school to her) and so she couldn't come get him.  Ok, but DH offered to drop off this time . . . not to mention she didn't so much as call or even answer her phone.  It seems that DH getting his CS lowered and her having to do her own pick-up she doesn't appreciate, so he's getting the "poor me, I have a crappy car and can't come get my kid and now I have no money to fix it either" thing - and making her point by trying to screw us by leaving us with DSS when we have to work and made no plans for his care since he wasn't supposed to be with us today.

The irony is that this just resulted in DSS spending more time with me alone because DH hadn't arranged to go in late today and I could drop DSS off with family on my way to work.  It actually worked out just fine for us. 

I'm so glad next summer is 2 week blocks for us with weekend exchanges though!  Poor kid knew BM was supposed to come get him and then she never showed up.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

high five

TempestRayne
by Donna on Aug. 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Glad everything worked out.
angelmommy2806
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Glad you're done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonMom80
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Thanks all! It seems we're getting everything worked out.
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I will raise a glass. On my back deck with a beautiful oregon breeze off the gorge.

I just turned my air conditioners on for the first time this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)