Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Mother of the Year Award goes to.....

Posted by   + Show Post

The "Award" goes to my SS bio-mom.  She is the most useless excuse for a mother.  I know some of you will probably bash me for saying that, but it's the truth.

SS just came back from his 1 month Summer Visit with his mother.  She didn't give him his ADHD meds like she was supposed to do, he's gained 6 pounds in 1 month!  She didn't even bother to have him read a book, work on any school stuff (so he didn't fall behind).  I'm sooooo pissed!  SS has his Meds Check appt next week and I know that they are going to weigh him and say something about the weight gain.  He had his 1 year physical right before he went to his mothers for 1 month.  6 pounds in 1 month!  When we gained custody last summer, SS was 30-35lbs overweight.  We've been able to keep him at the same weight for 1yr. As long as he didn't gain any weight, the doctor said it was ok.  He would just grow into it.  He has grown in height, but no weight gain.  Especially since he's on ADHD meds.  It curbs his appetite.  Since DB didn't bother to give him his meds, he went right back to square one.  Eating everything in sight.  In 1 month, that DB has undermined everything that we accomplished.  

I know that "hate" is a strong word, but I absolutely, positively HATE this woman.  She doesn't have a clue as to how she is hurting her son - emotionally, physically, mentally.  She takes no responsibility for her actions.  In fact, last night she brought him home from her weekend visit and SS was sick with fever.  What does she do knowing that he doesn't feel good, she takes him to KFC and let's him stuff himself with Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Cole Slaw before bringing him to our house.  Now you know why I hate this woman.....

Thanks for reading, I had to get this off my chest before I explode......

***EDIT***

For those of you bashing me.  Here are my reasons:

• She let him stay up until 3/4am watching tv so he would sleep most of the day to stay out of her hair.  When he was awake at her house, he sat on his ass the entire time in his underwear ALL day watching tv like a zombie.  Stuffing his face with whatever he wanted. 
  • She let him eat 3 sandiwches for lunch everyday, that's just lunch.  Let him have cake, pie & ice cream for dessert each night. 
  • When she had custody of him, she would forget ot pick him up from school because she was "busy" with her boyfreind(s).  We lived over an hour away at the time.  I can't tell you how many times we got calls from his old school saying that she'd forgotten to pick him up. 
  • Someone said, "Well at least she fed him the other night."  Yeah, I'm the one that had to deal with a child with a stomach ache and vomitting all night long because "HIS MOTHER" fed him Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Cole Slaw, knowing full well he was not feeling good and had a fever.  Not to mention she didn't even bother giving him something for the fever.  No, just bring him back to our house early because you don't want to deal with him and you have plans with your flavor of the month boy toy. 
  • I guess it's ok for a 10yr old to weigh 140+lbs, wear the same size underwear as his father?  I guess it's ok for a 10yr old not to be able to run because he's overweight and have to wear orthotics in his shoes because of the weight? 
  • I guess it's ok to not acknowledge that your child can't read in 2nd grade and do nothing about it?  I guess it's ok to throw your hands up and blame the school instead of taking some responsibility when she had custody of him? 
  • Only made him take a shower, maybe, once a week?  Never cut his nails, made him brush his teeth on a regular basis, etc...He was made fun at school because he smelled, was overweight, etc....

Still want to bash me?  Huh?  I was just venting, so I didn't drive over to her apartment and slap the crap out of her.  Until you have dealt with someone like her, don't bash me.  Oh, I forgot to add that she gave up SS within 20-30 minutes of the court serving her custody papers.  All she was concerned with was how much Child Support was she going ot have to pay and how much she was going to have to pay for his medical insurance.  She tried to tell the court/judge that she would put SS on Medicaid if she felt the $$ amount was too high for her to pay.  She even asked the court for permission for her NOT TO PAY Child Support!  She gladly took it from hubby for 4 years, but she feels like she doesn't have to pay?  I don't think so.....BTW, we have always paid for SS medical insurance.  Do you understand what I deal with now and why I feel the way I feel?    

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (31-31):
lilangilyn
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I understand. It is frustrating to watch a child be abused and neglected. She is a bad mother. Give him the best life you can at your house. Also, your husband may want to get supervised visitation only seeing as how she is not giving him his meds and stuffing him like a Xmas goose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)