Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How long is acceptable for cs

Posted by   + Show Post
So bm and dh decided not to go through the legal system for cs payments. Bm heard that it would take a few months to kick in so she opted not to file it so dh sends her an electronic payment twice a month directly to her bank account.

The problem is, his company switched how payroll and he went from getting paid on the 1 st and 15th of every month to every two weeks so the paychecks fall on different days depending on the months. Well he had to give bm a list of the days because she kept getting confused on when dh was getting paid and complaining that he wasn't paying her.

Well now he forgets what days he gets paid Or he will be traveling by plane sometimes on those days, so he will be a day late by the time he notices....he feels that she doesn't have a right to complain if it is 24 hours late....what do you all say? What is an acceptable time frame from the day dh gets paid to the time bm gets the money wired into her account? How long would she have to wait if they went through the state?
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

she shouldn't complain....because my ex would pay in full to CSE every month......there were times I would get 1 payment IN FULL per month-there were times I got 4 payments a month....1 payment was for $3....I shit you not.

Tell her to be grateful. Because there were times my cs was up to3 weeks late

Troubleswife
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Did his CS reduce when it went to biweekly payments? She gets two extra payments a year.
officiallyapeac
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I would look into going through CS to process payments. If his ex gets real nasty she could petition the court to go retro. In this case keep all records showing that she recieved money.

court_1989
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Quoting drakemom1:

I would start going through the state if she is making a big deal. That way you don't have to deal with her if she has a complaint.

This. Then she can't complain to your dh
packermomof2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting CoochieLibre:

Going through the state, mine is anywhere from 5-14 days after payday. 24 hours is nothing!

I go through state.  I get CS every other Thursday while payday is EOFriday for my ex.  Don't know how they do that.  Occasionally it is put into my account the Friday, but not usually. 

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Mine goes through the state and it takes a week to get it from when my ex gets paid. My fiance is in the process of having the state collect his payments because his ex harasses the hell out of him on a regular basis. Example...he was served AGAIN for Contempt last Wednesday for being late. It was due on the 1st. She filed on the 2ND! She works for her attorney so that's how she is able to keep doing that. The state takes MUCH longer to process the money and if there is a holiday...well add several more days to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Why don't you just set it up to go on the 1st of every month and budget so that it doesn't need to come out paycheck to paycheck? 

OregonMom80
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I think how it works probably varies. From DH's statements it looks like they take money out of all 26 of his bi-weekly checks, then pay her once a month.

I would set it up to autopay her every two weeks or still on the 1st and 15th and just make sure the money is there from the last paycheck. That's how we pay all of our bills.

Quoting zannahdeux:

JamminOutMama
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Lol
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Quoting Tigress22304:

she shouldn't complain....because my ex would pay in full to CSE every month......there were times I would get 1 payment IN FULL per month-there were times I got 4 payments a month....1 payment was for $3....I shit you not.

Tell her to be grateful. Because there were times my cs was up to3 weeks late

I wish but she thinks dh is always trying to screw her out if money....thanks though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN