Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Police at my ss open house

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 33 Replies
Well not my situation, but just something that happened that made me think wow. Me and ss were leaving out of the school and we saw like 3 cops. Well my dh had went ahead of us because I visited my moms class to say hi. Well my dh told me that some father came and the bm came with her new bf. Well the father got mad and punched the bms new boyfriend for being there. I just said wow poor kids for having to see that. I guess there are crazy biodads out there too lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramita
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Yea definitely so...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

The guy shouldn't have hit the BF.  I totally agree with that.

But I don't understand why so many people feel that the parent needs to be the one to accept new people at their kids things like Open Houses.  Sometimes it is best just to let the the parents have these moments with their kids without a new guy/girl around.

angelrach86
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I agree.. If its a new guy, and I doubt this dad snapped for the first time and bm knew he has a temper, she should have went alone. I just don't think he should act that way no matter his feelings in front of children his and others. I just was thought wow!

Quoting packermomof2:

But I don't understand why so many people feel that the parent needs to be the one to accept new people at their kids things like Open Houses.  Sometimes it is best just to let the the parents have these moments with their kids without a new guy/girl around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mama
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I disagree completely.

The father was completely in the wrong and the mother shouldn't have to alter her life based on the feelings of her ex - that's why they're no longer together, so she doesn't need to consider those things.

If this is a new guy, then yes stay home. But if this is a longer relationship, the new guy should be able to come too. It's not fair to leave him out of those things if he WANTS to be there! The THREE of them have to be on the same page to support the child/ren, and if this guy is planning to be around for awhile, he should have the ability to attend these things.

Dad needs to get over it.

Quoting angelrach86:

I agree.. If its a new guy, and I doubt this dad snapped for the first time and bm knew he has a temper, she should have went alone. I just don't think he should act that way no matter his feelings in front of children his and others. I just was thought wow!

Quoting packermomof2:

liltigersmom
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Dad will end up being banned from the school.
Have assualt charges placed on him.
He's fucked, and did it to himself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM

It's called showing your child that you have respect for their other parent.

thinking she doesn't have to alter her life....is selfish thinking.

It's not about BM..it's not about BF..it's about the child.

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

I disagree completely.

The father was completely in the wrong and the mother shouldn't have to alter her life based on the feelings of her ex - that's why they're no longer together, so she doesn't need to consider those things.

If this is a new guy, then yes stay home. But if this is a longer relationship, the new guy should be able to come too. It's not fair to leave him out of those things if he WANTS to be there! The THREE of them have to be on the same page to support the child/ren, and if this guy is planning to be around for awhile, he should have the ability to attend these things.

Quoting angelrach86:

Quoting packermomof2:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

sounds like my DH-when Bm went into labor with SS6-her sister called DH to be there-he walked in-saw Douche Bag and DH pounded the shit out of him...that's a shame the kids had to see that

newstepmom61811
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
And quite frankly, obviously BD has a violent streak, maybe BM wanted protection and was afraid to be anywhere where DH and BF would be there alone, none of us know the story, maybe if it weren't for BF he would have hit BM instead. It's bullshit to say that an adult can't be in a public place because another adult has a problem with it. The adult with the problem should be the one to alter their life...

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

I disagree completely.

Quoting angelrach86:

Quoting packermomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Wow poor kid...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi.Mama
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Nope, the mother shouldn't have to alter her life. What about those kids who WANT their mom or dad's SO to be at those events? Personally, my kids want my SO to be part of EVERYTHING they do, so am I supposed to say "no, sorry! Daddy can't handle that so he can't go"? NO!

And LMAO at respecting the child - maybe dear ol daddy should have thought about that before he smacked new guy in the face. JUST SAYIN.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

It's called showing your child that you have respect for their other parent.

thinking she doesn't have to alter her life....is selfish thinking.

It's not about BM..it's not about BF..it's about the child.

Quoting Paparazzi.Mama:

I disagree completely.

Quoting angelrach86:

Quoting packermomof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN