Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Should I or not my place...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
My 2 kids start PreK this yr and here in our small town there's a non profit PreK that is known to be the best and it's very inexpensive.. So you can imagine the waiting list...

Both my kids start this yr my dd3 will be in a 2 day program and my ds4 in a 3 day program... So now I get my sd in she must get on the waiting list now so she can attend next yr and shell be in w her 2older siblings which I think it's great I can pick her up of bm works since my other 2 will be there too..

Now dh says not to mention it to bm right now bc he's just going to get upset an prob say no since it's still a yr away.. But he said to add her to the waiting list... And when the time comes I she says no then well just remove her but at least she's on the list.. Now idk if it's my place?.. it's exciting for a mom to be involved in all this stuff I feel she should know but at the same time I don't want sd to miss out... Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
By putting her on the waiting list, does it eliminate other options? Nothing wrongg with a waiting list as long as there is no commitment.

This seems to be DHs choice also, does it really matter that you are the one actually placing her name on a list? If that part concerns you, ave DH do the admin work.
rose0919
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM

have dh do it. its better safe  than sorry. if she doesnt want to do it then its on her and someone else will get it . but if she does and didnt  do it she will be sorry. 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Put her on the waiting list.  It's much easier to take her off than get her in later.

mirm99
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Yea i guess not...very true... Ok thanks I'll do that..

Quoting pdxmum:

By putting her on the waiting list, does it eliminate other options? Nothing wrongg with a waiting list as long as there is no commitment.

This seems to be DHs choice also, does it really matter that you are the one actually placing her name on a list? If that part concerns you, ave DH do the admin work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Tell your DH put her on waiting list.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Quoting Polkadotted:

Put her on the waiting list.  It's much easier to take her off than get her in later.

This.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN