Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sm told her 5yr ss EXACTLY where babies come from.....EDIT!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 451 Replies
I work with a girl that spares no details when it comes to sex with her 4 yr old ds and 5 yr old ss. She told them babies come from a girls vagina and boys have to put their penis into the vagina to make babies. This honestly made me want to puke all over her lol her ss's mom isn't involved but I still think this is out of line for any kids that age.....

what do you think?

EDIT:

I also think it's great she was honest, but for such young children it's too much. The stork or cabbage patch story is nonsense. She could have been just as honest but a little more age appropriate.

Also I didn't argue with her or have any debate because I work with this girl, I left where she was and let another coworker of mine kindly discuss her thoughts to the mom lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
12 moms liked this
I started sex Ed when my dd was 4. No I do not think it is too young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zimmerchild
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
29 moms liked this

If they are old enough to ask, they are old enough to know. It is rather important to tell them the truth when they asked, for so many reasons, one of them knowing that it's inappropriate for others to touch them in places or to do those things to them. Not to mention that it should be between two consenting adults.

Trudie94
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
5 moms liked this

If thats how she chooses to do it, I see no problem with it. They hear worse things in school.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
10 moms liked this

I think she should zip her lips

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM
31 moms liked this
Why exactly does this make you "want to puke all over her"? It's the truth. Would it be better to tell them that mothers find babies in the dewy cabbage patches at first sunlight?

A bit over dramatic aren't you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jimalin
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM
41 moms liked this
Wow IMO that's way to young I told my kids 5 and 6 that when a man and woman love
Each other and get married there love is so great it makes a baby ya that worked for mine and that's how it will stay till they are much older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
23 moms liked this
No I just think its tooo young for such details. When my dd asks I'll tell her babies grow in their mommys belly. At 4 and 5 I feel that is sufficient enough info for them.

Quoting GlockMom:

Why exactly does this make you "want to puke all over her"? It's the truth. Would it be better to tell them that mothers find babies in the dewy cabbage patches at first sunlight?

A bit over dramatic aren't you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM
10 moms liked this
And it makes me want to throw up because she explained to her toddlers how adults have sex. That's disgusting to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
22 moms liked this
That's too young, IMO. Kids like that are the ones that run their mouth to kids whose parents have chosen not to discuss sex and childbirth with them. Just because a 5 year old ask where babies come from does not mean it's time to learn about sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
17 moms liked this

I did that with my kids around that age.  They asked the questions and I answered honestly.  No point in doing it any other way.

Babies don't grow in bellies either...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)