Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sm told her 5yr ss EXACTLY where babies come from.....EDIT!

Posted by   + Show Post
I work with a girl that spares no details when it comes to sex with her 4 yr old ds and 5 yr old ss. She told them babies come from a girls vagina and boys have to put their penis into the vagina to make babies. This honestly made me want to puke all over her lol her ss's mom isn't involved but I still think this is out of line for any kids that age.....

what do you think?

EDIT:

I also think it's great she was honest, but for such young children it's too much. The stork or cabbage patch story is nonsense. She could have been just as honest but a little more age appropriate.

Also I didn't argue with her or have any debate because I work with this girl, I left where she was and let another coworker of mine kindly discuss her thoughts to the mom lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (271-280):
Klac0990
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I think that its not to young to educate them but there is a more proper way to do it. I think its to young to use the terms she did and to tell them that th boy sticks his penis in a girls vagine. they might be curious as to how

Taviena
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM
That is way too young to to give sex education in such detail. Thats unfit parenting. Children are not adults and should be allowed to be children. To keep their precious childhood innocence as long as they can not knowing how to have sex as soon as they hit puberty and become parents by age 16. Its sickening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthmama1713
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM

4 and 5 years old are not toddlers. Saying the babies come out of the vagina is very accurate and nothing wrong with that. More than likely the kids asked how they got in there, and she told them the part about the penis. I don't think that's too much info. You don't know exactly how the conversation went with her children, so they may have asked some specific questions and she answered that. It doesn't sound like she went into TOO much detail except very basic mechanics.

holliebruns
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4-year old son hasn't asked how babies get into the belly, just how they get out. When I told him that they come out of the mom's "girl parts" he said, "Ew. That sounds like when I eat my food and it goes in my belly then I go to the bathroom," and walked off. There's no reason to hide reality from your kids but I definitely agree that explaining sex in such detail at that age is too much. How many 4-5 year olds play with dolls and want to be "mommies"? Do people honestly think they won't go exploring if they think they "love" another kid and want to "have a baby" with them? Some censorship is necessary. Just like when I tell my son that my husband "goes to war to protect us from bad guys", he doesn't need me to say his stepfather kicks down doors and kills people.
RMslady
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I think it's important that 4 year olds know their body parts so they can inform unsuspecting strangers while shopping with their moms that girls have vaginas and boys have penises.

Haha when I was a teen I worked the clothing department at a walmart. 2 moms were shopping and each had a child about 5 with them. Mom and little girl go into a dressing room to try on a bathing suit. After a while mom and daughter exit and the little boy says 'are you done yet!?' Little girl says 'no mommy said they were too big and my vagina was showing.' Boy says oh and gets a thoughtful loo then looks up at his mom and loudly whispers 'what's a vagina? ' mom gets Huge eyes and practically yelled 'nothing!' I had to turn around and cover my mouth because I almost burst out laughing it was al funny. Sorry that's what your response reminded me of lol
Luvmybooskies
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM

My friend did the same thing with her five year old. She is a lot older then me and an AMAZING mother. I was a bit shocked at first, but after we talked about it and I thought further about it, I don't really see the big deal. We as adults know that people also have sex because it feels good. It's not like she told her daughter that. Adults create such a taboo when it comes to sex, but when it's being explained to a child who is innocent and has no clue about all the "dirty" stuff that comes with it, then they really don't care. She said her daughter was just like, "Okay"and that was the end of it. I haven't told my daughter about sex yet, but I did explain to her about a period. I was so nervous, but it wasn't a big deal at all. 

JeremiahMyKing
I agree, you may feel its to young to start talking about sex but in all honesty if we don't teach our kids about sex SomeOne will so think about that for a moment would you rather feel ackward now explaining or later when they have another child ”show them” its a sad Thing but kids are starting sexual experiment extremely young now a days
Quoting Zimmerchild:

If they are old enough to ask, they are old enough to know. It is rather important tell them the truth when they asked, for so many reasons, one of them knowing that it's inappropriate for others to touch them in places or to do those things to them. Not to mention that it should be between two consenting adults.

brenatens
I don't think it's wrong as long as the talk is acurate. I would rather my daughter get that information from me. That way when other kids are talking about it (and they do talk) she will have the correct info. Also she will learn that she can ask her mom questions without being scared, and she will get an honest answer.
Shorty6644
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I think it is too young to discuss the whole process about how babies are made. My daughter just turned 7 and I still can't tell her. For now she believes that when a man and woman love eachother they have the ability to make a baby and that baby grows in mommys tummy. But everyone is different and if you want to let your kids know the truth early on I don't see anything wrong with that.
ashleyford2011
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

when my step daughter in my previous marriage asked me i told her mommy and daddys hug a specail way to manke a baby and she was satisfied with that answer. her therapist was so happy that i was able to come up with a honest simple answer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN