Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son of A M***** F*****!!! WTFF?????!?!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

LICE!!!  AGAIN!!!!!

Ok...A little back....We have SD every other week until FINAL custody court October 28th.  So about a month ago SD comes over with lice so bad we can SEE them on her head just looking at her.  We spend a week treating it and our home.  We finally get rid of it just for her to go back to BM house.  The next time she comes over she starts daycare because we both have to work.  We cant see any lice this time but we treat our house again and keep an eye on her head.  She goes home to BMs.  Come back yesterday and guess who has lice again?

This make the 4th time THIS YEAR that I have had to treat fucking lice!!  I keep treating it...she keeps NOT treating her house or taking the kids where ever so I have to keep fucking treating it!!  THANKFULLY my DD has NEVER gotten it and I am careful to make sure she doesnt but why should anyone have to worry about their DD playing with their SD because of lice?  DDs hair is REALLY long and i will have to cut it and DD will freak because she doesnt want it cut.

So last night...SD tells us that BM wants her out of daycare because thats where she keeps getting lice from.  So I ask SD...

"Is it possible to get lice from a place that youve never been?  Previously when we've treated for lice, you had never been to daycare correct?"

SD: "right"

Me: "Ok so how did you get lice from a place youve never been to?  And if that was the case then wouldnt other kids at daycare have lice?  Which they dont."

SD: "Thats right...my mom is silly. "

Oh yeah...."silly"...thats EXACTLY what I'd call her.  I am so tired of treating lice!!  I am tired of this ignorant bitch showing up at my house and leaving random notes on my door.  Im tired of her telling SKs that it doesnt matter if their mother says they can misbehave at my house because they cannot and WILL be punished for doing so.  Im tired of them treating my DD and my things with absolutely NO respect.  Im tired of her thinking she can ust keep the kids even though they have paperwork saying its HIS time.  Im sick to death of her talking to him and the kids like theyre fucking dogs.  Im just tired!  I cannot wait until final court is over. 

So I know ive been venting but this is my question...does anyone know of a REALLY good way to get rid of lice without having to do those treatments?  These kids hair is going to fall out if they keep getting these chemicals in their hair.  No way its good for them.  Im sure SOMEONE SOMEWHERE has had to deal ith lice...any tricks?

Ive even offered to PAY to take care of her house...but the exterminators wont do anything because her house is so filthy.  They cant even move around in there TO do anything.

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chasinrainbows
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Funny you posted this. I have to deal with lice almost EVERY time my kids go to their Dad's. It's in our CO that he has to pay for treatments BUT I have to have it medically confirmed. This was over 3 years ago. Okay. A lice confirmation apparently isn't considered an "emergency" by their doctor. Health departments don't really want you bringing in your lice infested kid. A pharmacist cannot "diagnose" anything. They can tell you "what it looks like". Soooo I have a Contempt hearing against my ex next month and this is one of the issues. My ex doesn't give a shit that he sends our kids home with lice. My DD7 has long THICK hair. It will NOT get rid of lice by cutting a girl's hair off...unless you plan to shave it...which would be cruel. My son is in middle school and wears the Justin Beiber hairstyle. He would die if I shaved his hair, lol. I have used every treatment..both chemically and home remedy. I feel like a damn lice expert! You will need to address this issue in Court. I don't want my ex to pay for treatments. I want my kids to NOT GET LICE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raerae725
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM
My 7 year old brings us the gift of lice at least twice a school year. I shave the boys hair super short and BM dyes sd's hair. It's no fun, but at least all my laundry is clean at once for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kholt
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

mine went through a period where they were constantly getting it from a family member they spent time with. I got tired of it. I found the chemicals barely worked so instead i combed their hair with a lice comb every day for the summer then when school started i made them start using hair products. Lice wont go to a "dirty" head and that includes a clean head that uses hair gel or hair spray. So they scrunch their hair often of use hair spray. My daughters all have very long hair anbd love their hair. we havent had even 1 case in years now  and now they dont even use hair products as much cuz in high school it isnt as much of a problem. (alot of other kids use products enough that it doesnt spread). But once u get rid of it  teach her a hair style that uses gel or spray and u will find it to be less likely a problem.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My SD kept getting it from school last year. I kept her out 3 days in one week because the teacher refused to do a lice check. I finally had to call the superintendent and get him to call the principal and she ended up doing the check (6 other kids in her class had it). I treated her hair twice with the over the counter stuff, then I bought a shampoo online that is supposed to repel the lice. It seemed to work for us. I still have her wash her hair with it now that school has started back up. SD's hair is long and thick (and blonde).

Good luck!  

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Thats EXACTLY how I feel about it

Quoting chasinrainbows:

Funny you posted this. I have to deal with lice almost EVERY time my kids go to their Dad's. It's in our CO that he has to pay for treatments BUT I have to have it medically confirmed. This was over 3 years ago. Okay. A lice confirmation apparently isn't considered an "emergency" by their doctor. Health departments don't really want you bringing in your lice infested kid. A pharmacist cannot "diagnose" anything. They can tell you "what it looks like". Soooo I have a Contempt hearing against my ex next month and this is one of the issues. My ex doesn't give a shit that he sends our kids home with lice. My DD7 has long THICK hair. It will NOT get rid of lice by cutting a girl's hair off...unless you plan to shave it...which would be cruel. My son is in middle school and wears the Justin Beiber hairstyle. He would die if I shaved his hair, lol. I have used every treatment..both chemically and home remedy. I feel like a damn lice expert! You will need to address this issue in Court. I don't want my ex to pay for treatments. I want my kids to NOT GET LICE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Thank you SOOOO much

Quoting Kholt:

mine went through a period where they were constantly getting it from a family member they spent time with. I got tired of it. I found the chemicals barely worked so instead i combed their hair with a lice comb every day for the summer then when school started i made them start using hair products. Lice wont go to a "dirty" head and that includes a clean head that uses hair gel or hair spray. So they scrunch their hair often of use hair spray. My daughters all have very long hair anbd love their hair. we havent had even 1 case in years now  and now they dont even use hair products as much cuz in high school it isnt as much of a problem. (alot of other kids use products enough that it doesnt spread). But once u get rid of it  teach her a hair style that uses gel or spray and u will find it to be less likely a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Omg what is it called?

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

My SD kept getting it from school last year. I kept her out 3 days in one week because the teacher refused to do a lice check. I finally had to call the superintendent and get him to call the principal and she ended up doing the check (6 other kids in her class had it). I treated her hair twice with the over the counter stuff, then I bought a shampoo online that is supposed to repel the lice. It seemed to work for us. I still have her wash her hair with it now that school has started back up. SD's hair is long and thick (and blonde).

Good luck!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
My hairdresser told me years ago that putting a girl's hair in a ponytail and using either hairspray/gel would tremendously decrease the chance of getting lice. This only works if you are the one doing her hair everyday and she doesn't sleep anywhere else. I would keep my daughter's hair like this whenever SD comes over. In fact, I would put it in a bun and spray it. It will help keep her from getting lice until you have gotten it out of SD's hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My daughter just had it... we think she got it from trying on a hat in a store (it was shiny and pretty and a beret of sorts and she loves those). 

She has thick hair.  It wasn't fun.  Nor was staying up all night washing everything.  And it was the first time in 11 years I've ever had to dea with it. Two washes and combing through it every single day for a week straight  with a fine tooth comb it's gone (I'd also pick the eggs out when I saw them... no way was I waiting for them to hatch and then washing it again)

Have dad deal with it next time.  That way maybe he'll see it isn't fun and he'll talk to mom.  But don't encourage your SK to disparage her mother in any form... I get it, lice isn't fun, but maybe mom doesn't know where she is getting it and maybe she thought it was the daycare (not everyone is savvy on the lice issue... I had to look it up myself)...

I did read that if you put a few drops of tea oil and/or oregano oil into their shampoo and use it regularly it helps.  Just shake it up each time before you use it.  I also tightly braided my daughters hair every single night after combing through it, hoping that would help prevent them from going everywhere and I did see fewer eggs but I don't know if that was because of the braid or because I managed to get it under control pretty fast.

Amy1973Potts
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Repeated bouts of lice sounds like medical neglect. And exposure, repeated exposure to lice pesticide is NOT in the childs best interest. Either dont let her over til problem is resolved or keep her til idiot BM gets the issue under control. CPS might not react to occasional infestations of lice, but repeated cases deserve to be investigated.

If SOs kids came over w lice more than once, you bet your ass he'd be looking into it. Not that he wohld let that happen. They can stay at BMs if they have it. Quarantine is a wonderful thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured