Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Son of A M***** F*****!!! WTFF?????!?!?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

LICE!!!  AGAIN!!!!!

Ok...A little back....We have SD every other week until FINAL custody court October 28th.  So about a month ago SD comes over with lice so bad we can SEE them on her head just looking at her.  We spend a week treating it and our home.  We finally get rid of it just for her to go back to BM house.  The next time she comes over she starts daycare because we both have to work.  We cant see any lice this time but we treat our house again and keep an eye on her head.  She goes home to BMs.  Come back yesterday and guess who has lice again?

This make the 4th time THIS YEAR that I have had to treat fucking lice!!  I keep treating it...she keeps NOT treating her house or taking the kids where ever so I have to keep fucking treating it!!  THANKFULLY my DD has NEVER gotten it and I am careful to make sure she doesnt but why should anyone have to worry about their DD playing with their SD because of lice?  DDs hair is REALLY long and i will have to cut it and DD will freak because she doesnt want it cut.

So last night...SD tells us that BM wants her out of daycare because thats where she keeps getting lice from.  So I ask SD...

"Is it possible to get lice from a place that youve never been?  Previously when we've treated for lice, you had never been to daycare correct?"

SD: "right"

Me: "Ok so how did you get lice from a place youve never been to?  And if that was the case then wouldnt other kids at daycare have lice?  Which they dont."

SD: "Thats right...my mom is silly. "

Oh yeah...."silly"...thats EXACTLY what I'd call her.  I am so tired of treating lice!!  I am tired of this ignorant bitch showing up at my house and leaving random notes on my door.  Im tired of her telling SKs that it doesnt matter if their mother says they can misbehave at my house because they cannot and WILL be punished for doing so.  Im tired of them treating my DD and my things with absolutely NO respect.  Im tired of her thinking she can ust keep the kids even though they have paperwork saying its HIS time.  Im sick to death of her talking to him and the kids like theyre fucking dogs.  Im just tired!  I cannot wait until final court is over. 

So I know ive been venting but this is my question...does anyone know of a REALLY good way to get rid of lice without having to do those treatments?  These kids hair is going to fall out if they keep getting these chemicals in their hair.  No way its good for them.  Im sure SOMEONE SOMEWHERE has had to deal ith lice...any tricks?

Ive even offered to PAY to take care of her house...but the exterminators wont do anything because her house is so filthy.  They cant even move around in there TO do anything.

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Replies (51-57):
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Thats a good idea.....but she doesn't work so I'll just hand it to her

Quoting tiredmama42:

I Was in your shoes years ago.  My DD is 19 now but at 5 same exact thing.   I treated her for the lice cleaned everything a fortune in sprays went to her dads and came home with it about 6 times.  I cried so did my little one.  That stuff is so harsh on their heads and its a nightmare.  My ex would not listen refused to do anything about it and kept saying "well no one else has it here".  He then said they bombed the house for them.  Really??? You cant bomb a house for lice only fleas etc.    I went to the website for the health department and printed stuff off about lice stating how to clean and get rid of it and faxed it to his office.  He was pissed but so what!  I was more pissed.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeridwynsMom
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I use shampoo and conditioner with Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint in it (Found a great one at my Walmart hair salon).  The tea tree oil keeps the eggs from "gluing" to the hair, and the peppermint makes for a toxic environment for the lice, so they don't stay and can't stay.

As to getting rid of it: We use the Rid home treatments.  We treat everyone with a leave-in spray that's all natural and in a green bottle (found it at Walgreen's...sorry not sure of the name) once a week for a few weeks after a breakout, and about once every few months after that.

We did FOUR rounds a couple years ago before the school would do anything about reporting it to the families. So sorry :-)

yesmaam
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I would send the treatment with SD next time she goes with BM. I did that before. When DS was younger, BF would "foget" to clean his ears with a Q-tip so I sent a sandwhich bag full. They came right back lol but my childish tactic was effective. :)
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Thanks.  I am CONSTANTLY treating my house...just to be safe.  I just dont know of any hair treatments that may help keep them at bay.  You ladies have been SOOOOOOOOO helpful!!

Quoting CeridwynsMom:

I use shampoo and conditioner with Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint in it (Found a great one at my Walmart hair salon).  The tea tree oil keeps the eggs from "gluing" to the hair, and the peppermint makes for a toxic environment for the lice, so they don't stay and can't stay.

As to getting rid of it: We use the Rid home treatments.  We treat everyone with a leave-in spray that's all natural and in a green bottle (found it at Walgreen's...sorry not sure of the name) once a week for a few weeks after a breakout, and about once every few months after that.

We did FOUR rounds a couple years ago before the school would do anything about reporting it to the families. So sorry :-)

dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh Im gonna get products for head and house and print off the lice info from the health department and send it with SD Sunday when she goes home. lol.  I try to be the bigger person but this has got to stop so if I have to be the childish one for ONCE then so be it.

Quoting yesmaam:

I would send the treatment with SD next time she goes with BM. I did that before. When DS was younger, BF would "foget" to clean his ears with a Q-tip so I sent a sandwhich bag full. They came right back lol but my childish tactic was effective. :)

2in2011
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Girl I know what you are going through!!!! We had a major issue with lice a few months ago. I finally had SD10 and SD9 soak their hair in vinegar and then wrapped their heads with Saran wrap for six hours then treated them again with RID. When they came back from BM I checked their heads before they came in our house and used the preventative spray. I kept washing their hair with RID for several weeks and kept telling them to tell BM to do her house. The kids were pissed but after I made them look at the bugs in the sink they cooperated. I dont know if BM ever treated her house but we finally got rid of them!!!!
dbush0584
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Bm WON'T treat her house....I'm stumped lol

Quoting 2in2011:

Girl I know what you are going through!!!! We had a major issue with lice a few months ago. I finally had SD10 and SD9 soak their hair in vinegar and then wrapped their heads with Saran wrap for six hours then treated them again with RID. When they came back from BM I checked their heads before they came in our house and used the preventative spray. I kept washing their hair with RID for several weeks and kept telling them to tell BM to do her house. The kids were pissed but after I made them look at the bugs in the sink they cooperated. I dont know if BM ever treated her house but we finally got rid of them!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)