Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

should dad pay for daycare

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 24 Replies
This is my friends sitch, not mine-

Dad is ncp physically, due to being in the military. Legal is joint.

Co says dad pays x amount for cs, and has.child.on.his insurance, which he does.

Dad also steps up.and pays for extras whenever he can, but is not cod to do so. He pays for half of most ECs, helps with
clothes, school supplies, etc.

Bm does not work. She is an "artist"(self.proclaimed, doesn't make.any money off.of it). She sent bf an.email saying that she wants to put the child into daycare so she can pursue her "art" full time.

She is not going to he working for anyone and has never sold a piece of her art in her life, and will be "working from.home"

Should dad be willing to pay for any of the costs of daycare so that mom can "work", even though its not an actual job with income?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM

hmmmm...NO

Maybe he can offer to have their child more.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM
No.

And the way BM and DH in my sitch did it was that each paid for daycare in their time. (but DH was getting more than EOWE) anything else could be split or helped with.

I think it varies by situation whether or not an NCP should pay for childcare or help with childcare.

But in this instance I would say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by Sondra on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

No. Anything above the CS and the extra's he already pays for should be the mother's responsibility. 

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM
He is in military, so its not really possible, they live in different states.

He sees him during every leave, and for several weeks in the summer...probably a total of 4 mos a year.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

hmmmm...NO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM

No.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I don't think so either. Now if BM wanted to actually get a job where she made money....then that's a different story.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Crap! lol

I just don't see her reason here. Send mom here. HAHA!

I mean I'm all for dads helping with daycare, but this just sounds strange.

Quoting luckystars2012:

He is in military, so its not really possible, they live in different states.

He sees him during every leave, and for several weeks in the summer...probably a total of 4 mos a year.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

hmmmm...NO

mommyx437
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM

No. This is sorta what my hubby is going thru with his BM. She got fired from her job in feb, hasnt found another job and says dad should be happy their son is at home with her. But yet he pays child care in CS becuase it was CO by the state. He is taking her back to court over it. 

As he put it if the child was in day care so be it, he has no issues paying his percentage. 

What state are you in? Most states only let child care be included in CS if it is for employment (w both parents paying a percentage), college, or actively looking for a job. 

rose0919
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

my state would never allow that. they will only award child care if parent is actively working or in school. not because cp wants to do their hobby(that is all it is if there is no income)and call it work. especially if she is working from home. if that was the case then a lot of sahm's would put the kids in child care and have a quiet relaxing day doing their hobbies. crafting would be a job,couponing would be a job,both could be an income but most of the time they aren't. now if she was selling and in galleries and she could show income then it could be a job. but honestly i know a few "artists"  and they don't paint draw or sculpt every day it is only when they are inspired to!

KellyReedy
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:38 PM

hell no!

Blend in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)