Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SS has been removed from BMs custody

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Temporarily, at least.

J called the GAL while SS was here, relayed to him the condition in which we got SS, especially his feet from the extra small shoes, told him what SS said about the bugs and rats in his room/on his bed, how SF is still driving with SS in the car (no license due to mulitple DUIs, last arrest in january), how thin he was....and how he blossomed here.  How happy he was to be here.  How BM tells him he is not allowed to love us, or have fun with us.  a multitude of other things.

The GAL was concerned enough that he dropped by BMs house to do a "final home visit" before closing the case.

I dont have full details yet, but the condition of the home was such that SS was removed from it.  he is with a relative of BMs, bm is allowed to stay in the home with SS and her relative but she can NOT take him anywhere and is not to be alone with him. her younger son was also removed and is at the aunts with SS.  Last we heard bm and sf were choosing to stay in their place while the kids stay with the aunt.  

Theres a motion on the table for emergency custody to go to J, and court tomorrow.  

I dont think it will happen, unfortunately.  I think SFs daddy will help them smooth this over somehow. 

But at least my SS is in a clean, safe bed tonight (Ive seen the aunts place, its a small but tidy trailer/modular home).  

ugh. just ugh. 

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dragonfly06
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Ugh, sorry to hear this. How is it that he wasn't immediately given to your DH? When bm was arrested, my ss was immediately placed with DH. They were only 20 minutes distance from each other. Are you living far apart? Is it because of your open case right now? I don't understand how a child is placed with an Aunt instead of a parent. Of course, ss didn't have a GAL or any kind of court advocate. Just curious. I hope all goes well in court tomorrow!

Hiddensoul
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't stand people like that. My DD is in a bad situation with her BF and there is nothing I can do about it right now. I dont see how good, loving, caring people can't have their kids but people who do drugs, live like slobs, and treat their children poorly get to keep them? That right there should say something is wrong with this system in ALL STATES!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
We are several states away. About 20 hours if you drive it straight through. This just happened today, and ss needed to go somewhere asap.

If placement is awarded to j he will be on a plane by noon.

GAL was the one who initiated the home visit that led to the removal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hiddensoul
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Where do u guys live?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dragonfly06
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I see. I hope it goes well tomorrow!

Quoting luckystars2012:

We are several states away. About 20 hours if you drive it straight through. This just happened today, and ss needed to go somewhere asap.

If placement is awarded to j he will be on a plane by noon.

GAL was the one who initiated the home visit that led to the removal.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

This makes me sad and sick! I'm so sorry for your ss and his brother.

They both are the main subject in my prayers tonight.

beaularson91
by Janice on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:42 AM

good luck i hope you guys FINALLY get him home with you guys!

Mindaria
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Oh wow, those poor kids! Good lucky, I hope everything works out for you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)