Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Was good friends and now I see why that was a bad idea

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello!! I am new to this site!! But I have been a step mom for almost 4 years. My husband and I have full custody of her. At first, the birth mom and I did NOT get along at all. She cheated on my husband while he was fighting in Iraq muliple times and basically didn't want to be with him when they were stationed out of the country. We didn't get along at first but then it started to become where when we were around each other she was really nice and then we started talking about my SC on the phone and then we found out we had alot in common and we got along really well. To where we had girls night 2 times.. and even went out with my husband with friends. I figured she was over this whole thing and we were just gunna be one of those weird couples that just all get along.. well, little did I know one day she told me more then I wanted to know that he cheated on me and all theses lies.. I don't understand WHAT she was trying to get out of it... I know he did and Im for sure he didn't. I now will just alk to her about SC and thats it.. Does anybody get along with the BM??? Any advice on waht I should do or if what I am doing is good?? ANYTHING..

OH and now shes making me doubt my mothering skills when it comes to SC in school.. -sigh-

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

BM and I are civil, that's it. We can talk about SD, but that's where it ends. We're not friends and never will be. Be there to support your DH and SD. Don't worry about what BM says about you or what she thinks of you. Who cares? Ignore her. Don't let her doubt your ability to parent, she's probably a little jealous since you're the one who gets to do a lot with your SD. That's advice in a nutshell! :)

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Oh and welcome!!

babygirlsmom314
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I only talk to sm when I have to about ss.  I get alone with everyone but I wouldn't trust her as far as I can throw her.

sjskijour
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I'm new here, too. I work hard to get along with BM and she's usually civil with me, though apparently not about me. She puts my husband through hell about my 6 year old SS spending time alone with me, even though we've been doing this for 3 years now, 50/50 joint custody, he loves me, I'm the one who picks him from school, etc.  

My husband's out of town this week and I'm to represent him at SS's school orientation. I'm a little concerned about whether she's going to challenge me about my parenting role, "rights", etc. We just got married last week (they've been living with me for 2 1/2 years) and she wasn't happy when he told her. I think she was expecting to be the one to be making that announcement to him (she left him) and is struggling with the fact that the roles are reversed.

jessiesluv
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM

you know he did and you're for sure he didn't. What?!

jenessamarie
by The follower :) on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Yeah. Wait. What?

Quoting jessiesluv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mindaria
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I get along very well with the BM of my SD, we get our families together for every holiday and take the kids out together. But I do no get personal with her and I absolutely will not do a girls night with drinking. You have to keep them at some what of a distance. We had a hate hate relationship to begin with, but over the years found that for the best of the kids we will be friendly. 

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM

LOL!

So he did or no?

I'm thinking he did.

Quoting jenessamarie:

Yeah. Wait. What?

Quoting jessiesluv:

Jesseyekayah
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM
He didn't have sex with her bc he was with me the most of the time and his family would have told on him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenessamarie
by The follower :) on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Personally, I've had some awesome girls night out's with BM... Very fun indeed. Except the time she body slammed me... That was an accident i'm sure :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)