Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

LICE~ VENT!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

So SD went to the office today and got sent home because she has lice. So BM calls up DH and starts raving at him that she couldn't have gotten lice from HER house and how now she has to deal with all of this stuff. HELLO! they pulled 2 of my kids out of class and checked. Guess who DOESN'T have lice? Oh and did I mention that SD has laid in bed with everyone in this house since she got here on MON? So now every stuffed animal out of every room has to be in plastic for 2 weeks. ALL of MY PILLOWS because they cannot be put through the washing machine. NOT TO MENTION  I now have at least 10 loads of laundry besides having to vaccum every room in the house and all the furniture. Poor poor BM!!!! 

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'd say something more along the lines of "poor sd". How embarassing for HER.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Why are you cleaning so much if you guys dont have the lice there? Makes no sense.

kate80
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quoting sid1083:

I'd say something more along the lines of "poor sd". How embarassing for HER.

I do feel bad for her. The poor thing. Hopefully it won't be brocasted across the school what she went home for. They really try to be discreet. This was just a vent about everything being MY fault when it comes to BM. I feel bad for her that it's BM turn to have her. She has SUPER thick hair and combing nits out of it is not going to be a fun chore. I just hope she doesn't cut her hair or something drastic. 

kate80
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM

because that is what you do. My children don't have lice ON them. That doesn't mean it isn't anywhere in my house. She has been here since Monday and like I said she has laid on the couch in dd bed, in ds bed, even in mine. So everything that COULD have been contaminated has to be washed and/or isolated. Preventative. 

Quoting baparrot2:

Why are you cleaning so much if you guys dont have the lice there? Makes no sense.

2in2011
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Make she you get the RID spray and spray your furniture. I would also do a preventative hair treatment on everyone, as well as using the daily spray for the hair which prevents it. Better safe than sorry!!! It took me over a month to get rid of those nasty things!!!! BM would not treat her house and 2 SD kept getting it. I had to do treatment twice a week!!!
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

There is also a spray that you can buy that you can spray on couches and pillows. I've used it on carpets too before. I've been in your shoes, it sucks!! SD came home from school with it, stayed 2 nights with us, then 2 nights with mom, then back with us for 5. In the meantime, the school wouldn't get rid of the lice (wouldn't do lice checks) so BM and I both had to keep cleaning our homes.  My kids never got it because I was so proactive about preventing it!! Good luck!! 

kate80
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Dr recommended daily checks but not to treat unless signs appear. It's not very good for you to have those chemicals on your head I guess. I am not saying they came from BM house but I am afraid we are going to have this same situation on our hands since she feels like she couln't possible have any dirt or bugs anywhere. If she did get it somewhere else they COULD be in BM house now. Thanks for support and suggestions though! 

Quoting 2in2011:

Make she you get the RID spray and spray your furniture. I would also do a preventative hair treatment on everyone, as well as using the daily spray for the hair which prevents it. Better safe than sorry!!! It took me over a month to get rid of those nasty things!!!! BM would not treat her house and 2 SD kept getting it. I had to do treatment twice a week!!!

kate80
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Ugh, I have never had to do this before. Will have to see if I can find spray. Fortunately there isn't much carpet around here. Whole house is reeking of vinegar cause I mopped the floors with it~ Thanks for your suggestions~ 

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

There is also a spray that you can buy that you can spray on couches and pillows. I've used it on carpets too before. I've been in your shoes, it sucks!! SD came home from school with it, stayed 2 nights with us, then 2 nights with mom, then back with us for 5. In the meantime, the school wouldn't get rid of the lice (wouldn't do lice checks) so BM and I both had to keep cleaning our homes.  My kids never got it because I was so proactive about preventing it!! Good luck!! 

KellyReedy
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM

That sucks!

KellyReedy
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We had it for like a year!  Everytime SD would come back from BM's she'd be reinfested!  Hmmmm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)