Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT- Any dog experts??

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 58 Replies

I have 3 wonderful dogs, a black lab and 2 puggles. They have always gotten along and no behavior problems other than the typical chewing stuff and the puggles are always wanting to chew paper/pillows.

A few days ago they caught a rabbit in the backyard at 5 AM when we let them out to pee. They ripped the thing apart and literally ate every single piece of this poor rabbit. We couldn't get the rabbit away from them and they were tearing it apart. Okay, so other than being absolutely horrified there were no reprucussions, Vet said it was okay because they are up to date on all shots, they didn't get sick.

BUT now all of a sudden the black lab who is the sweetest dog ever is violently attacking the small Puggle at feeding time. I mean really BAD and mean. We started feeding them separately but as soon as the lab sees the little puggle she violently attacks her. Yesterday she grabbed her by the neck and was whipping her around growling while the puggle cried and I was screaming trying to get her off. My husband came running in and it took him a good few minutes to rip the lab off the puggle.The poor puggle ran right into the bedroom and hid under the bed for 3 hours and was trembling.

Now the puggle is traumatized and won't even attempt to eat and won't even go near the kitchen at feeding time. I've been hand feeding her while she curls up in the corner of the couch.

I have no idea what to do and why she would suddenly get this violently aggressive at feeding time and with just the one puggle. I called the Vet and they said to feed her separately which obviously didn't work.

Any ideas?? Anyone experience this before? I am at a loss and I feel so bad for my little Puggle, she is terrified now to even eat.

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spykgurlcom
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no dog expert, but I would seek the help of a good trainer. Or the dog whisperer. Seriously.

That is scary stuff.
rose0919
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

wow, i have had dogs my whole life and have never had an issue.my cats even sit at the dogs dish trying to steal her food  while she eats(i have a rotti that is 125 lbs) but i have heard that once a dog tastes blood  they want it more. i would talk to the vet about the issue

angelmommy2806
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to a trainer asap. Seeing as the dog has become increasingly agressive after tasting blood is Not a good thing. You may have to think about either putting the dog down, or rehoming it to someone who doesn't have any other pets or kids.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just about to tell op to message you the cm animal keeper lmao! Tee hee:-D

Quoting rose0919:

wow, i have had dogs my whole life and have never had an issue.my cats even sit at the dogs dish trying to steal her food  while she eats(i have a rotti that is 125 lbs) but i have heard that once a dog tastes blood  they want it more. i would talk to the vet about the issue

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yup me and my animals!!!!!! and we just keep adding to it! call me insane tee hee

Quoting saywhat2102:

I was just about to tell op to message you the cm animal keeper lmao! Tee hee:-D

Quoting rose0919:

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I had an online friend that had 2 cats that were super friendly until one day when one attacked the other for no good reason and then there was a cat war!  The vet told her to separate them and slowly introduce them back together...but it took MONTHS before they could be in the same room without trying to kill each other.

Send your dogs to ROSE0919, CM's resident crazy cat/dog/bird lady! LOL

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Are they fixed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

You're an animal person too?!

Quoting rose0919:

yup me and my animals!!!!!! and we just keep adding to it! call me insane tee hee

Quoting saywhat2102:

Quoting rose0919:

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
You kept the dog didn't you??????????? o_O

Quoting rose0919:

Quoting saywhat2102:

Quoting rose0919:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN