Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Stepdaughter trouble

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am the step mom to a 16 year old daughter.  She is her fathers only child and her mother who was estranged from her by her own choice passed away last year  due to being an alcoholic.  For the last seven years I have had to let my husband be the one who sets the limits for her.  Problem is he sets none.  The one thing I did make him agree to was to make her supply her facebook password  She did but every other month she changes it and does not tell us.  The last time she did this I took her computer while she was spening the weekend at her boyfriends.  (I do not approve)  when she gave us the new one I checked he messages about a week later and found she refers to me as a bitch and she stated she wishes her grandmom woulld die.  My husbands mom is with us and due to limited space she is staying in her room.  She has stage 4 lung cancer and probably will not live more then another 3 months.  I was saddened that she would say something so mean.  I have never treated her bad I have only tried to set some boundries.  Now she will not talk to me she acts like I don't exist.  What should I do?

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Your DH needs to get a handle on your SD.  I also have a feeling that she is going to be an episode of 16 & Pregnant with your DH not worried about her staying at her boyfriend's house.

EMMA6984
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

WOW.... What a rude little brat. You need to show your husband and let him deal with it. Since her mother is no longer in the picture she is probably acting out because things aren't ideal. 

However, that doesn't give her the right to talk to you like that or refer to you like that and especially her dying grandmother... Someone on here today told he to disengage from my step daughters... (I have 3***sigh). Go read... the disengage section on steptogether.org. It will bring light to your situation... MAYBE. Or send her ass off to military school and say see ya, you little selfish brat. HAHA Good luck

kellynh
by Kelly on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM
What should you do... Really??

Get out a freaking frying pan and cold cock your dh in the head!!! Sprending the night at age 16 at BF and it's approved by daddy of the year.
EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

It sounds to me like you and DH need to sit down and agree on some ground rules to set for her.. and he needs to STICK to them. It is totaly normal for teens to "hate" their parents and to say ugly things about them. When she is older she will realize how dumb she is being now but that's all a part of growing up (as if you didn't already know that).

spykgurlcom
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM
My father told is to emancipate my sd when she pulled this shit. If she wants to act like an adult, she can be treated like one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Your DH really needs to step it up. What does he say when you talk about it with him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN