Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should a parent tell there child that they don't have to obey their stepparents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Replies (61-61):
natasha_19
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Quoting savingtheworld:

It's hard when one parent is not on the same page. However you have to be strict and stick to what you believe in. My SD BM let's get ignor anyone she dose not want to talk to even her. She is four btw. But my husband and I see it as our daughter being disrespectful when she clearly hears people but won't speak back. So we correct her everytime she did it and told her she was being rude and if she wanted to act mean and rude then she can sit in time out do she can think about why it's mean to ignor people. Now she answers everytime someone speaks to her and is more social around us she makes friends because now she'll talk to other kids. But with her BM she still thinks she dose not have to talk so when I see it affect her I'll or her dad will point it out. Like shell see kids playing and well say if you were nice and didn't ignor those kids I'm sure they'd want to be ur friend. Laying clear lines of what you want with kids normally works. For a teen I would take things away if they want to be mean then they do not need extras from me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured