Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

It's getting better!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
Some of you may remember my post where my DSS disrespected me and the night got worse from there.

Well, this wknd was pretty awesome! While at a dr appt with DH and BM, he said he was happy that he has two moms! She almost blew a gasket, but she bit her tongue. (He calls me by my first name, btw, because he was told to call me what he's comfortable with) He also specifically requested "Danielle's spiky chicken" for supper. We spent a lot of time together this wknd because DH was pretty sick. DSS only got cranky with me a couple of times, which I handled quickly and w/o blowups! :) He was even "fighting" over me and defending me to my niece. She was joking around about me being mean and he kept saying "that's my stepmom, you better stop" and he grabbed my arm while he was defending me. :)

My sister even commented on how far we've come since I first met him. Knowing how to do this "right" is rough! You want to be close but maintain distance so no one thinks you're trying to be a replacement. Have to be firm but don't want to be seen as the "evil stepmother". Augh!

So glad we had a better wknd!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mz_erica03
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

good 

ShannaBee
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad things are looking up.

MRLAdy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Sounds like your doing the right things! My SS likes being around me because I don't get mad easily with him. If he gets out of line I correct him but calmly and with explanation as to why. But his BM has a short temper so I think it's a relief to not feel as if the adult might blow up unexpectedly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)