Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HTRC

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 43 Replies
I have never felt that way, or coveted my SO's kids. Am I supposed to lol? Or is it that it is common for some?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I don't think it is normal. I don't think you should pretend you are because others do it. I think it's psychotic. I think that if a woman wants a child, she should have her on or adopt. I don't think it is a large percentage of women that do it either. I think there are some basket cases out there but not even a high percentage of stepmom's fall even close to HTRC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

eh... it's an unfortunate (but natural) result of being an a caregiver role to a young child, particularly if you want kids and/or don't have kids of your own, and if you are in love with that child's father and (maybe) threatened by his connection to the child's mother (your rival). It's the result of brain chemistry gone awry. It can be recognized and dealt with pretty easily if you (the coveter) is aware of these feelings.

I have had coveting feelings. It causes all kinds of problems in a step situation, if mom is still alive and kicking, and in the picture at all.

But if you never had those feelings, you're lucky. I think women who experience these feelings are in the minority.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting momof2ex1:

I don't think it is normal. I don't think you should pretend you are because others do it. I think it's psychotic. I think that if a woman wants a child, she should have her on or adopt. I don't think it is a large percentage of women that do it either. I think there are some basket cases out there but not even a high percentage of stepmom's fall even close to HTRC.

i don't know about psychotic. I think the feelings are natural, and the result of how our brains are programmed. I think *acting* on them is not good, obviously.  I think SMs who find that they have these feelings can work through them, and dispell them.

the true HTRTC women are very rare. Yet we have seen more than a few of them here!

liltigersmom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
What's hrtc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting liltigersmom:

What's hrtc?

Hand that rocks the cradle.

liltigersmom
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Oh gotcha...thanks.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Quoting liltigersmom:

What's hrtc?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

It took me a second to figure it out.

Quoting liltigersmom:

Oh gotcha...thanks.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Quoting liltigersmom:

What's hrtc?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I know, I was being sarcastic lol

Quoting momof2ex1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I understand the being envious of the connection he had with her and not with me but the kids aren't mine so I never coveted them.

Quoting whatIknownow:

eh... it's an unfortunate (but natural) result of being an a caregiver role to a young child, particularly if you want kids and/or don't have kids of your own, and if you are in love with that child's father and (maybe) threatened by his connection to the child's mother (your rival). It's the result of brain chemistry gone awry. It can be recognized and dealt with pretty easily if you (the coveter) is aware of these feelings.

I have had coveting feelings. It causes all kinds of problems in a step situation, if mom is still alive and kicking, and in the picture at all.

But if you never had those feelings, you're lucky. I think women who experience these feelings are in the minority.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Am I a hand that rocks the cradle? 

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

It took me a second to figure it out.

Quoting liltigersmom:

Oh gotcha...thanks.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Quoting liltigersmom:

What's hrtc?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured