Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SS ALLOWED TO TAKE OVER AND PLAY WITH ANYTHING!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
How to tolerate " whatever" parenting? When we have my ss, its stressful because DH is afraid to parent or thinks there's no need to.....so what?! We have a antique business and when he is with us, he let's him "play with anything! For sale, as well as display....there's some special things that are fragile and are not meant to be played with but, he whined to "just look at it" to DH and of course he gives in and then it ends up broken!!!!!! Some of the things are for cleaning that I have purchased, like a dolley for moving heavy things, and he's jumping on it and trying to roll it around like a scooter! I said " I don't think he should be playing on that, nor everything is not a toy!" My DH got very mad and said "so what, he can't break it!" I am fed up!!
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Yea I'd put my foot down and up his ass for screwing with my livelihood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd put my foot up DH's ass the first time a skid broke a valuable after he was told no and then DH intervened and let him play with it.

rose0919
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

dh needs to take charge!  and ss shouldnt be allowed in the antiques store

DDDaysh
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Do you live at the shop or is SS going there with you?  If SS is going there with you, then I think you need to just stop that.  Hire someone else to work the shop or just do it on your own and send SS and DH somewhere else. 

rebeccasmly
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, you need to put your food down with this. This is not home, this is a place of business. Your livelihood is at stake here.

dukegirl01
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Quoting DDDaysh:

Do you live at the shop or is SS going there with you?  If SS is going there with you, then I think you need to just stop that.  Hire someone else to work the shop or just do it on your own and send SS and DH somewhere else. 

We live above it and have to walk through it when coming and going. It is our business, that I enjoy. Thanks for advice!
DDDaysh
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

If you live above it, I'm not sure what you can really do.  DH obviously doesn't see a problem.  Until SS actually breaks something valuable, I doubt he will.  

Quoting dukegirl01:

Quoting DDDaysh:

We live above it and have to walk through it when coming and going. It is our business, that I enjoy. Thanks for advice!

USBrit
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

My DH was allowing his Grandchild to play with an antique glass bouy that was mine from my late husband. I said, I don't think that he should be playing with that.....DH...WHY? I was like, it is glass and it could break. He was like....Okay, but with a look like I was was just being too strict. REALLY? A large glass bouy from Alaska and you want your 3 year old Grandson rolling around on it.....I was dumb founded that he would even ask "why".

AND for those of you that would ask if I would allow my OWN Grandchild to play with it....the answer is a definite NO!!!

Ms.Gwen
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:55 AM
To make an omelette you've got to brake a few eggs. You have said your piece. Now you need to keep quiet and remove yourself from the sitch. Let nature take its course while you take care of you.
The kid will get hurt. The kid will break shit. This needs to happen for your DH to grow as a parent. Think of it as training for any kids the 2 of you might have. Just leave the store when this stuff is happening. Tell DH that you want no part in his crappy parenting and walk out. Then do what makes you happy... Maybe go to an antiques auction or wander around some yard sales flea markets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dukegirl01
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting USBrit:

My DH was allowing his Grandchild to play with an antique glass bouy that was mine from my late husband. I said, I don't think that he should be playing with that.....DH...WHY? I was like, it is glass and it could break. He was like....Okay, but with a look like I was was just being too strict. REALLY? A large glass bouy from Alaska and you want your 3 year old Grandson rolling around on it.....I was dumb founded that he would even ask "why".

AND for those of you that would ask if I would allow my OWN Grandchild to play with it....the answer is a definite NO!!!

This is exactly the same look I get from my DH. What's the big deal. I also lost my first DH...to cancer and have some toy cars that I'm saving for my daughters. DH let's him play with them. When I complained he looked at me like I was Hitler!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)