Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

kind of pissed right now

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
I started school in Aug studying sign language. I love it when many girls ask me what the sign for this or that is. I love to show them and teach them.
We have sd full time she sees her mom whenever mom is available which hasn't been often. We picked her up from her mom's and said mommy I learned the sign for boy and girl. I said o yeah show me. She took her linked her fingers and clapped the palms like the hands were humping. I said no babe that's not it. I showed her the real signs and then showed dh what she did and said if she keeps coming home doing things like that then I'm not sure how much time I want her to spend there. He agreed. I think it's something we have to start watching cuz she's also been making pretty dirty things on fb. Like how a man should eat a pussy. Then Turning around and asking if she can set down and make SD a facebook with her while she's down there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chipperer1ca
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM
How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM
8 she has Aspergers though so mentally 6 maybe close to 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

What does the CO say?  That alone will dictate if your DH can restrict her time.

With regard to the sign language, a lot of people make fun of things that are foreign to them.  If they cannot pronouce the words or understand the accent, they degrade it.  Rather than taking signing seriously, BM made a (bad) joke of it.  I had a deaf friend in HS, and it was amazing the crap he put up with from people so insecure about communicating that all they could up with were a few vulgar gestures.  So hand humping?  Not surprising.  Just teach your SD correctly.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Omg!! That's awful!! Gaw!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolstepmom50
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM
How old is ur sd? I think you said the right thing I mean saying and putting things on fb in ways that are not viewable for others to see or read it not proper.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Court order isn't really set plus I think there are too many things that she's done like leaving sd for 6 months just to live with a guy she had only talked to online. I don't care if she makes fun of what I do that only bugs me a little bit it pisses me off that she's making up signs that could be construed as people having sex and callingthat a boy and girl together. Like she doesn't think o my kids setting right here. SHE doesn't think what if she does that in school or soccer practice. I asked sd who taught her that she said I learned it this weekend.

Quoting Derdriu:

What does the CO say?  That alone will dictate if your DH can restrict her time.

With regard to the sign language, a lot of people make fun of things that are foreign to them.  If they cannot pronouce the words or understand the accent, they degrade it.  Rather than taking signing seriously, BM made a (bad) joke of it.  I had a deaf friend in HS, and it was amazing the crap he put up with from people so insecure about communicating that all they could up with were a few vulgar gestures.  So hand humping?  Not surprising.  Just teach your SD correctly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Nothing you've mentioned is a reason to deny SD time with her mother.  What her mom posts on facebook might be inappropriate, but alot of parents don't use good sense with what they post online.  Your DH just has to live with the fact that this is the person he bred with. 

The handsigns are annoying as well, but no different than learning a dirty word.  Obnoxious, yes, but not a reason to stop a child from seeing a parent. 

He needs to get a court order ASAP though.  Until he has one, there's nothing that stops BM from simply not returning SD the next time. 

rebeccasmly
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

He needs to get a court order immediately. Unless a CO stipulates it, I don't hear anything that would be worth getting in trouble over if visitation is denied.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I mean we have a co that says she lives with us ft and sees her mom every other weekend and all summer. It's just that we don't really follow it we send her down whenever mom is available and I used to push for her to go to her mom's but I'm not going to anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Id do everything in my power to remove her from where she is learning that awful stuff. Poor girl. I'm sorry you have to go through all that. I wish you the best.

"Live one day at a time."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)