Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Had to bring my SD to work!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

I went home for lunch, as usual.  My partner was already getting ready for work.  We kept SD home from school, she is sick. All three sat down for lunch.  Grandparents stated they would be back shortly, they told my DH, since we are still not on speaking terms. DH left and I waited, and waited, and waited, they never showed.  I had to get SD ready and bring her to work with me.  I couldn't stay at home since I have to deal with payroll.  If it does not go in, people don't get paid on time.  I'm feeling annoyed.  I have only been at this job 3 months and have no clue how my boss will react.  I couldn't leave her at home alone and hope her grandparents would show.  I feel they did this on purpose.  They had already agreed with DH to look after her. 

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doll0302
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope your boss doesn't get angry. I also hope your DSD feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Panda113
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks, especially with a new job! Hope it went down okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chipperer1ca
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand how you feel. I am sometimes left in a bind with my SD. I hope everything is okay with your Job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702Runnerd
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope all went ok...Hope SD feels better!

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

that was shitty. i think id find a;ternative care and not rely on them, ever.

kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

They should understand once you tell them what happened. As long as you got your job done and there wern't any issues- you should be fine. Hope your SD gets better soon.

MariIB
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Thank you all.  All turned out well.  SD sat quietly and did some work.  The boss was great.  He didn't get upset, he also said I could bring her anytime.  He would rather have that then have me miss work.

BrandiGra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

what happened with the g'parents? What did they say?

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Hope things are well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

A lot of companies are family friendly these days.  I'd just explain to your boss that you had no choice but to bring her in.  Hopefully you have an office or someplace you an put SD where she won't be uncomfortable.  My former workplace was VERY kid friendy.  When my son was still in grade school I'd bring him in and set him up in a cube or with a pillow under my desk if he was sick (my cube was HUGE and if he had a blanket, it was like camping out for him)! lol  Not the best of circumstances, but I was grateful that they let me bring him in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)