Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had to bring my SD to work!

Posted by   + Show Post

I went home for lunch, as usual.  My partner was already getting ready for work.  We kept SD home from school, she is sick. All three sat down for lunch.  Grandparents stated they would be back shortly, they told my DH, since we are still not on speaking terms. DH left and I waited, and waited, and waited, they never showed.  I had to get SD ready and bring her to work with me.  I couldn't stay at home since I have to deal with payroll.  If it does not go in, people don't get paid on time.  I'm feeling annoyed.  I have only been at this job 3 months and have no clue how my boss will react.  I couldn't leave her at home alone and hope her grandparents would show.  I feel they did this on purpose.  They had already agreed with DH to look after her. 

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (11-14):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Also, if I were your DH, I wouldn't have put you in that situation.  HE should have stayed home and waited for grandparents, not you.  OR you should have called him and HE should have come home and stayed with his DD.

mamalove619
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Hope SD gets better.. And hope everything else is okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I've had to bring my ss and my ds to work, on separate occasions, but my boss said your job was done as normal and no one said anything so it wasn't an issue. He said I have a child and understand that this happens at times. I hope your boss is the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MariIB
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

All worked out well and I agree DH should have stayed home.  As for the GP they didnt say a thing which made things more iiritating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured