Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SD staying in foster care longer

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

SD15 was supposed to be coming back home Monday, but that's changed. We picked her up Friday for a weekend visit and it didn't last long. We went to the YMCA first so she could get her ID card. DH and her played pool, and after a while we went home. Within an hour of being home she was sneaking outside to smoke and stole 2 of DH's pain medication. She was asked to come back inside and she went off on DH. I called the on call worker and they said the foster parents would take her back that night.

When we met the foster mom DH asked where SD could have gotten the cigarettes and turns out she stole them from her husband. She's also not having to do anything in the foster home. She gets to do many things without them watching her, no chores, stays up late with the foster parents son and his friend. Basically its a vacation for her. How that's helping her I have no idea. I talked with the caseworker today while DH and SD were in counseling and she said that they're petitioning for her to stay in foster care longer since things still haven't changed. Also she said SD was tested and is Not pregnant, like she told her mother (she told BM she took 2 tests and both were positive).

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Damn girl:-( at least she's not pregnant! That's the last thing she needs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

:-(  I was really hoping she would turn a corner. Is she actually participating in the counseling or just attending because she has to? Thank God she is not pregnant! Hugs!

angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
She's not good with little kids, so its a very good thing.

Quoting saywhat2102:

Damn girl:-( at least she's not pregnant! That's the last thing she needs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Some mentally ill people really can't handle life if they have any responsibilities.  Maybe it's time to reset expectations for SD's life.  Have you guys gotten to talk to any of her therapists? 

angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM

She attends because she wants the attention. Once Any counselor/psychiatrist wants her to own up to her actions she doesn't like going anymore. When DH told the counselor what happened this weekend SD started sobbing and making a scene. Her pregnant would have been awful! She's not good with kids and when DS2 cries she says she wants to throw him against a wall.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

:-(  I was really hoping she would turn a corner. Is she actually participating in the counseling or just attending because she has to? Thank God she is not pregnant! Hugs!

angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM

DH goes to the weekly family counseling with her, this was the 2nd appointment. They have to see the psychiatrist for the first time next week to see about getting her on medication.

Quoting DDDaysh:

Some mentally ill people really can't handle life if they have any responsibilities.  Maybe it's time to reset expectations for SD's life.  Have you guys gotten to talk to any of her therapists? 

yesmaam
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Wow, so sorry. I don't know your back story, is there a thread that has it?

angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

www.cafemom.com/group/114270/forums/read/17253855/When_SD_returns

Is the one I posted before she went into foster care. Most my posts on here have been about her though, we've had a lot of issues with her skipping school, getting suspended, running away, sleeping with older guys, faking pregnancies, accusing DH of molesting/raping her. While she was with BM for summer visitation she was doing drugs and drinking and ended up in juvie for almost 2 weeks.

Quoting yesmaam:

Wow, so sorry. I don't know your back story, is there a thread that has it?

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
No advice but I will give you support and well wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Thank you.

Quoting ShannaBee:

No advice but I will give you support and well wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)